First home brew Red Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodneypierce

Reaction score
Well, here is the first glass of my Red Ale that I brewed up a few weeks ago. Its only been in bottles for one week now, but i just had to try it. of course, hardly any carbonation, its very flat, but you can really taste the hoppiness of this beer. (to me anyhow) Most wouldnt think so, but my palette is very sensitive to hops. Anyhow, just figured I would toss up a picture. I didnt get it in time to have the little bit of head on it, before it disappeared.
58030_1760417814957_1374393602_1933958_414099_n.jpg

My first brew was a red ale as well. It's almost finished bottle conditioning. Did you use a kit?

My first brew was a red ale as well. It's almost finished bottle conditioning. Did you use a kit?

yes I did. Its a true brew kit. It tastes OK, but I have had much better. Kind of bland until the finish. We will see what a little aging does for it :rockin:

I think my next one is going to be a chocolate bock. But I have to try and find if I can manipulate the yeast used to suit my temperature range.

Back