First Gluten Free Batch - Grapefruit IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoant27

Reaction score
I have recently made my way into the Gluten Free world. Not by choice as I found out around this previous Christmas that not only do I have an insensitivity but I am also deathly allergic to peanuts (yay..)

So, I noticed there are not that many store brand Gluten Free beers and decided to make that change. I have been brewing for a while now, mostly meads, wines and ciders and I came across a place while visiting in Seattle and loved what they had to offer. I decided to mimic their one recipe - Gluten Free Grapefruit IPA

I have just finished and bottled it and it is delicious. I didn't get that metallic tang or any of the other negative Gluten Free input you see on here. I can not wait to start another recipe already! I am glad to have found this site for previous concoctions and now to help sustain the gluten sensitivity that I seem to have acquired.

Ghostfish Brewing Company - Grapefruit IPA is the recipe I followed right from their site. The only thing I didn't have was a whirfloc tablet so my beer is a little cloudy but delicious.

I will continue to learn recipes on here and anywhere else and hopefully share my stories and would love to hear from anyone else with some good recipes and likes.

Welcome! You joined at a very exciting time. There are so many options for brewing great gf beer now. I would have a look at the posts over the past couple years, but be wary of going back farther than that, as the conventional wisdom has changed quite a bit over time.

Welcome to the most exciting and rewarding money-pit around! Starting with Ghostfish GIPA is perfect, and I think most have us have all brewed it at one point or another. I second Silly Yak on the GFHB website. You can filter the recipes to look for Extract only. If you're anything like me, it won't be long before you start piecing together an all-grain set up. If/when you do, the possibilities will be endless. For now, get a few extracts under your belt and play around with different recipes.

Back