First brew taste = YES! I didn't screw up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronA

Reaction score
I was going to wait two weeks until I tried my first brew.....you all know how that goes. I only made it a week. I went downstairs to feed the dog and was temped by the boxes of bottled blueberry wheat calling my name. I couldn't resist! It was good! I'm sure it'll be great in a few more weeks:rockin: I'm so happy!! This rocks! A typical wheat taste with a noticeable amount of blueberry to it....not overdone on the blueberry, just noticeable. YES!!

Now I can't wait to get going on my next which will be an oatmeal stout or vanilla oatmeal stout. Before I start that I want to get a carboy or two. I'd really love to see the next brew in action. I'm also going to have an auto-siphon for my next brew!

Awww yeah, I may just have to have another just to be able to get to sleep....this is awesome!!!

--Aaron:mug:

You better start another batch soon if you want to be able to drink from one batch to the other. I'm brewing every week now and can't keep up.........

That first one ever is such a rush! Congratulations!

Luckily, you get a version of that same rush every time you open the first one of a batch, and really, every time you open any bottle.

Thanks guys! I'm going to start an oatmeal stout soon. Most of this blueberry wheat will be gone to many friends in town and in other states that have asked for some. I think after it's all done I'll have less than twelve for myself.

mysterio, I just used an extract kit that my lhbs had put together and then I just added three pounds of pureed blueberries into the primary. Oh, and I also added 2 pounds of honey to the wort toward the beginning of the boil.

--Aaron

Latest posts

Back