first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allnighta

Reaction score
first id like to say all the best for the new year and help lol
just got given the CO2 bottle for the top of a pressure barrel so i thought id have a go
so ive went out an bought the fermenting drum and 5 gallon pressure barrel and fittings and just a tin of lager to try first
so i have a few quick questions
ive mixed up the contents with a 1lb of sugar and now have it done
do i leave the lid on while its fermenting for the next 7-10 days?

also when i transfer it to the pressure barrel do i add the CO2 straight away or can i leave it?

thanxs in advance

so i just really need to pressurise it when i want to drink it as im gonna leave it for a good few month to age,do i need to ad any sugar to the barrel when i transfer it like u do when bottling then?

ok ready to transfer the fermanting barrel into my 5 gallon pressure barrel
is it worth adding more sugar or will it make the mix to sweet?
also will there be any more sediment after this process i would rather try and not get any in the barrel even if it means leaving longer in the fermentation barrel
thanxs in advance

allnighta said:
ok ready to transfer the fermanting barrel into my 5 gallon pressure barrel
is it worth adding more sugar or will it make the mix to sweet?
also will there be any more sediment after this process i would rather try and not get any in the barrel even if it means leaving longer in the fermentation barrel
thanxs in advance

???

Adding more sugar at fermentation will only make your alcohol % go up. A good part of that sweetness should ferment out completely.

Back