First batch poured

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
259798_371861742905042_1584322658_n.jpg

Was supposed to be a brown ale, but as it was my first batch it turned out much darker. Looks like a stout, tastes like Newcastle. Very happy with it. I was worried that it didn't carbonate well after only 10 days, but (while it needs a little more) it is drinkable and I am about to have my third with a fourth on the way. Gonna let the rest condition longer and try one next weekend. Cheers!!!

Congrats! I'm still waiting on my first taste of my Blind Pig IPA. Only about a month more before it's ready to be poured. You have anything in your primary?

Congrats! I'm still waiting on my first taste of my Blind Pig IPA. Only about a month more before it's ready to be poured. You have anything in your primary?

Irish Stout in the primary with an ESB waiting to be brewed. Was going to brew today, but things came up and have to reschedule for Wed. I am so happy that this beer tastes good. Not the greatest at all, but it is drinkable and I am proud of it!!

I just brewed a Raspberry Wheat last week. Fermentation was very active, but it has slowed down the past few days. Once I bottle the IPA I'm going to make an Amber ale. My dad asked me to make him an Oatmeal Stout, so thats also on the list.

OP - check out "late malt additions".

Your next ale recipes will have the right color :)
Cheers!

OP - check out "late malt additions".

Your next ale recipes will have the right color :)
Cheers!

Oh I know where my foul up was at. It was my first batch. Old can of Mountmelick's Brown Ale 3.3 lbs that I was afraid to make into 5 gals, so I settled for a little over 3. I added all of the LME right at the beginning of the boil and I know to not do that now to maintain proper color. I will add maybe half to start with, then add the rest after flame out to get the right color. It was my first time, but I have done a good bit of research and I am brewing my own recipe soon. I am just so glad that my first effort came out into something that I can enjoy drinking. A couple more weeks and it will be even better!!!! This homebrewing thing has become an addiction. 2 batches down with another brewing Wed and then another shortly after. I need more money!!!

If you put a really bright light behind the glass before taking the picture the beer will look much lighter in the picture, more like a brown ale. ;) The really important thing is that you like the taste. Looks only count in competition.:mug:

Back