First Batch Ever - SUCCESS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarEagleBrewer

Reaction score
Or at least I and my buddies think so. I've always wanted to try brewing but never put much effort into trying until a friend got a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas. We got together and made the West Coast Pale Ale. Followed all directions to the letter, primary ferm for 3 weeks, warm condition for 3, and cold condition for 2. We tried one beer at the end of the warm conditioning period (chilled, of course) and it tasted a litte yeasty. Tried one after first week of cold conditioning...got a slight hint of apple (which worried me) but several sips later it was gone. Didn't really have much other flavor and very little head. BUT...this past weekend (2 weeks of cold conditioning) we would swear someone had replaced the beer we made with something else! Beautiful head retention (not too much) and a wonderful light, crisp flavor! The three of us (who are making the beer) were mighty pleased as were our friends who tried it! Looking forward to getting my "real" equipment in this week and making larger batches! Got a blueberry experiment going right now in the Mr. Beer, I'll keep you updated.

Congrats on the success! I started out with Mr. Beer as well. It's a great and inexpensive way to experiment and find out if brewing is for you.

Be careful with expermenting with a mr beer kit u might make a mr beer bomb haha but congrats on The good beer

Back