First bad batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPADrinkerCC

Reaction score
I went to check on a blonde ale i had in the primary. Took my usually reading and noticed it was high for the 8th day mark and that all yeast active has stopped. So i took my simple to see if the taste was going well at this point i was already planning to head to the shop and grab some yeast to help it along. Yet when i tasted it the beer had this strong sour and acid taste that really felt it on the side of my tongue. Remember i read something like that before i headed to beersmith and here to try and find something about it. Well i did and i realized where I when wrong. A few unusually hot day this week and my ac down in the basement being down lead to the finally days for the beer being very warm. Adding this sour taste that me nor the person the beer was for liked . :( One foolish mistake lead to a possible great beer being dumped.

Back