First AG Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJStank

Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread, but I brewed my first AG beer yesterday and thanks to all the information I've absorbed from these boards, the day went really really well.

I brewed an Amber Ale kit from my LHBS (Grape and Granary)
9.5 lbs Pale Malt (Original recipe called for 8.5)
1.5 lbs Crystal Malt
1 oz. Chocolate

I hit my mash temp at about 151 (target 152) and lost maybe a degree during the hour I mashed. I batch sparged and got the grain bed right about at 170 and had a pre-boil volume of 6.5 gallons. I ended up with about 5.25 gallons in the fermenter with a gravity of 1.052. Beersmith said i had an efficiency of about 69% which I was pretty happy with for my first AG brew.

Again, sorry to start a new thread, but I can't describe how helpful this forum has been to me. I want to brew another one but I've already got 2 batches in bottles and another two fermenting.

I want to brew another one but I've already got 2 batches in bottles and another two fermenting.

Yah, so? I have about 300 bottles filled, two batches in the fermenters and I intend to start another this week. I haven't seen any rule that says you can't have more beer until you hit the 200 gallon legal limit.:ban:

Back