First AG batch today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspain3

Reaction score
My only hiccup was mistakingly adding a 0.8 oz hop addition at 30 mins rather than for the full 60 minutes. I went ahead and tossed in the extra 0.2 oz to make up for the lost IBUs, which brought me back in line overall. We'll see how much it changes the flavor and/or aroma, but the bitterness should stay on point.

Nice!! Don't sweat the hiccup I've done IPA's with zero 60 min hops and all 30 minute hops that I really liked. Gives a smoother bitterness in my opinion.

Nice organized setup. Looks like a fun day to be had. Georgia looks very verdant in the background. Congrats on the first AG brew.

Oh yeah, I did forget to add a whirlfloc tablet, too. I used a hop bag which kept most of the sludge out of the fermenter, though. I have a DIY hop spider, but found a binder clip on the side wall of the kettle to be easier, and it makes room for the immersion chiller to fit without having to remove the spider.

Congratulations! It's always tougher before you actually do it once.
I hope the beer turns out great, I'm sure it will...

Latest posts

Back