Firearms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same one ! Haven t shot a turkey in a few years too busy ... well boiling things.. barley.. yeast Time flies

I completely understand, having a 2-1/2 year old and a 4-1/2 year old. :drunk:

Went out and bought a LimbSaver pad for it, it's impressive the difference it makes with a 3-1/2" shell. :cross:

Still don't have a gun, but I keep renewing my permit to purchase (lets you buy a handgun same day in Minnesota, no waiting period) just in case.

AK- Buy a gun and ammo and be out of the store in 20 min.

I have a few guns..
S&W - 357
Remington 700 - 30.06
Mossburg - 12g (my fathers, its quite old)

Didn't bother keeping many others over the years.

can't believe i haven't posted in this one yet

rem 700 hbld varminter in .243
rem 870 12 and 20(daughters)
marlin .22
older cva inline 50 cal muzzleloader
beretta 22 target pistol

reload for the shotguns and the 243

I have ;

Rugar .44 Mag SuperBlackhawk 8" barrel
H&K USP 9mm (worth every penny)
Glock 30 (.45acp)

If I had to pick one, it would be the HK hands down. HK's live up to the hype.

One thing I can say about gun manufactures. The all have their fans

I am a huge Sig fanatic. I love their weight and precision and feel.

But Ive shot everything and can honestly say I really havent shot a bad gun.

My favs are in no real order

Kimber 1911
SW 44
Sig 40,45
Springfield XD 357 sig.
HK 45 I think
Baby Eagle 45

And I have to say I was truly impressed with the baby eagle. +

I'm diggin' this up because I'm kind of in the market for a new pistola. Right now I have a Ruger P-95 9mm. It's all right, but a bit bulky and I'd like to get a .40 that is a little nicer gun. The one thing that I loved about the Ruger P-95 is that it can be used ambidextrously - I'm a lefty. A lot of the guns I see are designed for righty's. I'm not exactly sure what I want beyond that as I'm just beginning to look around.

However, my pride and joy is my 1979 Winchester Model 94 30-30 carbine. I grew up on western movies and have wanted one of these since I was a boy. At any given moment, I might trade or sell one of my other guns, but my 30-30 is a permanent fixture.

Like Yooper, I have useful guns... albeit it takes many to cover my hunting exploits (substitute SWMBO's word... obsession).

Ruger 10-22 tack-driver
Remington 20ga 870 wingmaster (32 years old)
Remington 12ga wingmaster
Ruger 77 in 22-250 for coyotes
Ruger 77 in .280
Remington stainless 375 H&H for moose and the like
SKS 7.62x39 for jackrabbits, etc.
Ruger Blackhawk in .41 MAG
and a few others...

Brewing has to be done before October comes around due to elk season...

I'm diggin' this up because I'm kind of in the market for a new pistola. Right now I have a Ruger P-95 9mm. It's all right, but a bit bulky and I'd like to get a .40 that is a little nicer gun. The one thing that I loved about the Ruger P-95 is that it can be used ambidextrously - I'm a lefty. A lot of the guns I see are designed for righty's. I'm not exactly sure what I want beyond that as I'm just beginning to look around.

However, my pride and joy is my 1979 Winchester Model 94 30-30 carbine. I grew up on western movies and have wanted one of these since I was a boy. At any given moment, I might trade or sell one of my other guns, but my 30-30 is a permanent fixture.

You should check out the Springfield Armory XD, you can get a compact or subcompact in .40 -- very nice guns, still a little thick for easy conceal carry if that's what your goal is though. For that I would do a Kimber procarry or ultracarry, a lot more money in them though.

I've got a few.

Ruger 10/22 .22
Bushmaster M4 A3 .223
Century Arms AK47 7.62x39
Mossburg 590 A1 12 guage
Springfield Armory XD40 .40
Kahr K40 .40
Ruger SP101 .357
Ruger GP100 .357 with Crimson Trace grip
Taurus PT92 9mm
Berretta Neos U22
Smith & Wesson Model 36 Lady Smith (SWMBO's piece)

I still need to pick up an XD45 before the election. :D

Let me see.... I got me a T/C Contender with 3 barrels 7mm TCU, .45 L.C./.410 and a .22; 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser; pre-64 Winchester .30 -.30 and a couple of .22 rifles. Had a Ruger .32 H&R Mag which I still have the dies for. Sweet shooter. Fun to plink with. I did some competitive shooting. Should get back into it so I'm ready for the Zombies.

I've got a P-94 .40 cal. Ruger. I would take it over any 9mm and probably over any other pistol. Nice weight. Nice balance. and the price is absolutely worth the dolla.

I have 2 Winchester model 94's .30-.30's. One from my ex FIL and one from my grandpa. Which one do you think I hunt with? Straight shooters and distance is not the issue.

If your into that kind of thing make sure to get your AR-15 etc... before the election, that's probably going to be the first thing to go.

Depending on how the election goes, Flintlock may be the only thing available. :p

Our amazing and talented legislature here in NJ introduced a bill a couple months back that would effectively ban certain .50 cal muzzleloaders under the pretense that they were "sniper rifles" or "destructive devices" or somesuch nonsense. I need to check up on the status of that.

Our amazing and talented legislature here in NJ introduced a bill a couple months back that would effectively ban certain .50 cal muzzleloaders under the pretense that they were "sniper rifles" or "destructive devices" or somesuch nonsense. I need to check up on the status of that.

Yeah, I read there was a big run on 50 cal muzzleloaders from our scout sniper teams in Iraq due to their amazing accuracy at 2000 yds :confused:

:D Never ceases to amaze me. We can still protect ourselves with bows and slings ( at least for now).:mad:

Yeah, I read there was a big run on 50 cal muzzleloaders from our scout sniper teams in Iraq due to their amazing accuracy at 2000 yds :confused:

Haven't you noticed all those gang-bangers knock over those 7-11's with .50 cal BMG's? I heard of so many robberies where a .50 cal anything was used. :) What a joke.

It's amazing how times have changed. Spring break 1976 I rode the Greyhound bus home from college and had to wait for a connection in the Bus Station in Washington DC. Across my lap I had a .54cal Enfield Muzzle loader in plain view. I had a couple of questionable looks, but not one of the six city cops that walked by said a word.

What are the legislators thinking about. I belonged to a reenactment unit and when I was in practice I could fire at the amazing rate of 3 rounds a minute, the standard for disciplined military units. Not much chance of a shooting spree. Wouldn't even be good as a sniper rifle the huge cloud of smoke would give your position away.

Besides a few modern firearms my collection is mostly historical.

1842 Harpers Ferry
1853 Enfield
Brown Bess (reproduction)
1903 Springfield
WW1 K-98 Mauser
M-1 Garand
1940 Walther P-38 (w/ Nazi proof marks)
and
My Pride and Joy, a mid-19th century Prussian made saddle pistol My great-grandfather found on the Great Wall of China as a Marine during the Boxer Rebellion in 1900. It is in pristine condition, and every piece in it has the original proof marks.

Remington 710 .300 WinMag w/ 3x9 scope (elk killer)
Marlin Model 60 .22LR (squirrel killer)
Norinco SKS Paratrooper 7.62 x 39 (zombie killer)
Enfield .308 (back-up zombie killer)
Remington 870 Express 12ga. (duck/quail killer)
Ruger 22/45 .22LR handgun (target shooter)
HK USP .40S&W (a little piece of mind in these crappy times)

I have about 15 in my collection...let's see how many I can remember without peeking in the safe:
Springfield XD9 subcompact
Springfield 1911
Kel-Tec P3AT
Remington 870 12 ga
Rem 597 .22
Winchester 67 .22
NEF 20 gauge
Yugo SKS

I've got a Glennfield .22 and a very short Ruger .22. I used to have a 12 guage, but I sold it, and i had a Sten mock up, but I'm gonna sell those parts. I live in a less than forgiving area, and a 22 is just enough to make robbing somebody a bad idea;)

I plan to build a 10mm 1911 some day, but probably if I move to PA. NY pistol laws are rotten, depending on county...

How is feeding on the p22? I remember hearing problems with it, but I guess that was a few years ago. I almost got one when I turned 21, but the bad press scared me off.

Remington 1100 12ga.
Winchester 1200 12ga.
Remington Nylon 66 .22LR
Savage 24J-DL .22/20ga. over/under
Marlin 336 30-30
Winchester Model 94 30-30 Theodore Roosevelt Edition
Savage 110 .30-06
LC Smith 12ga Double barrel, dated March of 1886
CVA .50cal Muzzleloader
Sears .22LR
Ruger .357 Revolver

Guns and beer - my two hobbies rolled into one.

We have pretty strict guns laws up here in Canada - all guns must be registered with the gov't, handguns are restricted, all clips have to be pinned to 5 rounds except .22 cal, yada yada yada.

Currently have four rifles:

Yugo SKS
Lee-Enfield No.4
Marlin 336 30-30 cal
Marlin 7000 .22 cal

Haven't been shooting for a while. My buddy and fellow HBT member, finn_ethan, just got his hunting licence. Too bad work and brewing have cut into my target time, and his ability to shoot some food.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot. In Canada, it's illegal to use a firearm for self-defence. Yeah right! I guarantee that anyone trying to, or successfully, breaking down my door will be met with successive 30-30 rounds.

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

I a a avid hunter and beer drinker, but I think I will stick to talking about beer since I think Presolect Obammy will want my guns. I dont figure to give him an idea of what I have.

never been hunting before but I would shoot something if the meat was good.

I own twelve guns.

These are the notable ones.

I own a Colt AR-15 that I put a bull barrell on because the stock barrell warps slightly with every rapid fire.

Desert Eagle AE .50

300 Winchester Magnum

My biceps.

Merry Christmas to ME!!! :rockin:

dscf0002.jpg

Hmmmm. Guns & Beer.....Hmmmmm

Any AR-15 owners out there. (besides Copperhed :D)
I have a dpms stripped lower that I am trying to build up. Except the election kind of screwed up the parts availablity.

I am currently waiting for the prices to stabilize, and become more available. Then I will finish it.

I have a few handguns. Keltec, ruger, HK.
a model 700 in .308
a few 12 guages
and a Mak-90 Uber Assault rifle. Made for randomly killing and pure evilness. (joking about sensationlism)

handguns are restricted, all clips have to be pinned to 5 rounds except .22 cal
That's funny that they chose .22 as "safe" when
"Intelligence agencies and military special forces have used suppressed .22 LR pistols for assassinations and for eliminating guard dogs or sentries. Some examples include the use of suppressed High Standard HDM pistols by the American OSS, which was the predecessor organization of the CIA.[citation needed] Francis Gary Powers was issued a suppressed High Standard for the flight in which he was shot down. Suppressed Ruger MK II pistols are in current use by the US Navy SEALs."

Oh yeah! I almost forgot. In Canada, it's illegal to use a firearm for self-defence. Yeah right! I guarantee that anyone trying to, or successfully, breaking down my door will be met with successive 30-30 rounds.

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

That has to go down as one of the dumbest laws in the world, and I totally agree with you. Better to live and defend your actions in court than the alternative.

I live in NYC, so I'm not legally allowed to own any guns here.

At the folk's house in PA I have:
Remington .270
H&K single shot 12ga.
A very old .32 Don't know the make, and I've never shot it. My dad says " I have too many, do you want one before I sell them off?"

I will buy a Sig 229 .40 someday soon.

This is mine at 25 yards with a rental gun (Desert Eagle .50) Can you tell I'm right handed?

B

13of16.jpg

I have...

Yugo SKS, 7.62x39 pinned to 5 rounds
Marlin 60, 22lr
Mossberg 535, pump 12ga
S&W 586, .357Mag
Springfield XD40
and my favourite... Tikka Master Sporter in .308 with a Bushnell 3200 mildot

In Canada you need to...
- take a practical and written exam to get a licence to buy/own long guns
- take a 2nd practical and written exam to get a licence to buy/own handguns (barrels can't be shorter than 4" and no concealed carry for anyone)
- as part of your licence application, you automatically get a criminal record search, give the government permission to contact your doctor, current spouse/partner, any ex-wife/spouse/partner that you've split from in the past two years, and have two friends sign your application if you've passed the written and practical exams listed above - before they approve your firearms licence. If you're not depressed or violent and have no criminal record you'll get approved. Once approved there is still a 30 day waiting peroid before they mail it. And, the licence is good for a maximum of five years and costs $85 in addition to the course and exam fees.
- produce your licence to buy ammo or firearms
- be a member at a range to own a handgun, it is illegal to fire a handgun anywhere but at a range. To buy a handgun, in addition to the licence, you have to prove range membership.
- get a permit to transport your handgun to and from the range, or to the gunsmith, or to the post office if you've sold it and are shipping it to the new owner (you can't even take a handgun to a buddy's house even if he has a handgun licence, without a permit to transport it there!) They list the hours of the day you are allowed to transport and you have to take the most direct route possible. You can't stop for groceries on the way home either.
- register your guns. All guns, bought/sold/traded have to be registered with the government. To sell a gun the government has to send registration letter by mail that allows you then to ship it. Sometimes that takes weeks.
- keep your guns under lock and key, separate from the ammo. It is illegal to keep anything loaded - even if it were locked inside a safe. So no loaded revolver in the nightstand.

You have to really like guns to own them in Canada.

Prohibited in Canada
AK-47
all full automatic guns
supressors
guns with barrels less than 4"
rifle magazines over 5 rounds (except the Garand enbloc 8 round and 22lr - 22lr you can have any size magazine)

Love my guns and I carry my Glock 20 concealed. I have 15 pistols and 8 rifles and 3 reloading machines. I have a Dillon XL650 which gives me around 500 rounds an hour gota love that.

I carry a Kimber Compact Stainless .45ACP... I have a Ruger 9mm as well... I have assorted hunting rifles and shotguns as well...

Back