Filtering without a keg setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewski09

Reaction score
I want to be able to filter my beer but don't have keg equipment, space, or $$$. Anyone filtering by gravity? I'm interested in equipment usde and techniques but not the cheesecloth aerate my fermented beer technique. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There is a company out there that has a product that collects the sediment ouf of the bottles. They are called Sed - Ex. Kind of pricey but if you want a a clean sediement free bottle of beer with out filters and kegs it's an alternative. I'm sure there are other ways of doing it also though keep searching.

Man those are expensive. Nice idea though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Yeah,, I wouldn't mind having a dozen or so myself. For plastic caps they are pretty pricey. They do have filters for beer during kegging, which I don't see why it couldn't gravity. The downfall is going to be the carbonation.. You are just not going to get around kegging due to the need of yeast and priming sugars in bottles for your carbonation. Personally, the taste of great beer should overcome presentation anyways. Just practice pouring naturally carbonated bottles, handling them and refrigerate them for some time and you will get some really nice looking beers. That would be the cheapest option.

Yeah,, I wouldn't mind having a dozen or so myself. For plastic caps they are pretty pricey. They do have filters for beer during kegging, which I don't see why it couldn't gravity. The downfall is going to be the carbonation.. You are just not going to get around kegging due to the need of yeast and priming sugars in bottles for your carbonation. Personally, the taste of great beer should overcome presentation anyways. Just practice pouring naturally carbonated bottles, handling them and refrigerate them for some time and you will get some really nice looking beers. That would be the cheapest option.

Yeah, but I would like to be able to bring my homebrew to parties and not worry about sediment getting unsettled. It's fine at home though. I would have no problems filtering and adding some treat with my priming sugars, I just don't have the keg equipment that the filters are designed to work with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back