Filling holes in freezer /kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estammen22

Reaction score
I’m moving my kegerator setup to a new location. I drilled holes into my current setup for two keg taps. Now that the kegerator setup won’t be in this freezer, I would like to fill the holes and make it look nice again. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 6DDB7AD2-3057-464A-92A1-9BED0C108D76.jpeg
    6DDB7AD2-3057-464A-92A1-9BED0C108D76.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • 34767591-3969-4436-9077-41753E7EAEF3.jpeg
    34767591-3969-4436-9077-41753E7EAEF3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Magnets and children's artwork?

Seriously though, if you really want great results, you could always fill the holes with putty and then repaint the whole door with appliance paint. Not sure about how to make the interior nice though.

Magnets and children's artwork?

Seriously though, if you really want great results, you could always fill the holes with putty and then repaint the whole door with appliance paint. Not sure about how to make the interior nice though.
I’m more concerned with insulation / efficiency.

Maybe some expanding foam covered with foil tape, or cut out some circles of pink insulation foam/styrofoam to plug the holes. Not sure if either will really do too much for preventing cooling/heat loss though.

I was looking for solutions as well for when I relocate my draft line to a tower instead of just a faucet and shank sticking out of the side.

Maybe some expanding foam covered with foil tape, or cut out some circles of pink insulation foam/styrofoam to plug the holes. Not sure if either will really do too much for preventing cooling/heat loss though.

I was looking for solutions as well for when I relocate my draft line to a tower instead of just a faucet and shank sticking out of the side.

I will probably drill out 5 holes through mine next weekend, I could ship you the cores!! :) But really, if you use the expanding foam, as suggested, use the version made for windows, it expands less so it is a little easier to control and then also easier to clean up later.

I will probably drill out 5 holes through mine next weekend, I could ship you the cores!! :) But really, if you use the expanding foam, as suggested, use the version made for windows, it expands less so it is a little easier to control and then also easier to clean up later.
LOL

Might give this a try:

Loctite 2243625 Tite Foam Window & Door Sealant, Polyurethane Foam, White Amazon.com: Loctite 2243625 Tite Foam Window & Door Sealant, Polyurethane Foam, White : Industrial & Scientific

Latest posts

Back