festa lager kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjimmurphy

Reaction score
Went out and bought me a "festa Brew" lager kit. Followed the generic instructions and let my lager ferment at 20 degrees celsius for 5 days like it said. siphoned it to a glass carboy.
Starting searching on the inernet about brewing lagers at this point. now itransfered my carboy to basement room that is about 15 celsius. Is it going to be ok? It actualy smelled good when i transfered it.
A little help over here?

If my math is right on the conversion 15 C seems a tad high for a lager 59F..... Living in Florida with limited freezer space Lagers are a dream yet to be realized lol

Yeah, I don't know why FestaBrew bothers with the whole lager thing if they aren't going to tell buyer's to LAGER it. It should be fine though. Hundreds of people do their lagers as described and if there were huge problems with their directions it wouldn't get sold.
Lager's can ferment warm, and depending on yeast, generate few to zero off flavours. It may just not be quite as clean as if you had actually fermented it cooler.

Back