Fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcvay252

Reaction score
What's the longest you can ferment I've been thinkin about doing a batch but I'm gonna be deployed for 2 months is that ok for leaving a beer to ferment that long?

Well, maybe not but I talked to a guy who kept his beer in the primary fermenter for 8 months and he said that wasn't too long. I think your 2 months should do just fine.

2 months is nothing. It will only make your beer better. I'd say you're safe up to 6 months. The longest I've heard is 1 year in the primary and the beer was great.

As long as you can maintain a constant temperature while it is in the primary, I don't think that it will be a problem. My sours spend a month in primary and then at least 10 months on fruit and souring yeasts.

Sweet ok it's should turn out reall good right. Seeing how I always see how beers get better with time? I was thinking of making a porter

Back