fermentation temperatures solutions ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majed41

Reaction score
there is no way that i can make any type good beer where i live . the temperatures from 104F 40C and above . even inside a room with air conditioning that's no where to the numbers required for many yeast .

I read a lot about fermentation chamber and i want know if there is a ready build fermentation chamber required no work from my side and just plug in and ready to go ? i don't want build this by myself so i wonder

also any other suggestion regarding the subject will be great

Can you not plug in a refrigerator where you live? I imagine you keep perishable food somewhere. A fridge with a simple Inkbird style temperature controller is a really basic and reliable way to go.

A fermentation chamber is just an insulated box, and you still have to keep it cool somehow. Ice, fans, etc. - it can work reasonably well to drop the temp modestly, but it's not practical for overcoming large differentials, especially over a period of days.

Alternately, look into Kveik yeast, which ferments very warm and can be used for a variety of beer styles.

Can you not plug in a refrigerator where you live? I imagine you keep perishable food somewhere. A fridge with a simple Inkbird style temperature controller is a really basic and reliable way to go.

A fermentation chamber is just an insulated box, and you still have to keep it cool somehow. Ice, fans, etc. - it can work reasonably well to drop the temp modestly, but it's not practical for overcoming large differentials, especially over a period of days.

Alternately, look into Kveik yeast, which ferments very warm and can be used for a variety of beer styles.

Thanks for the Kveik yeast hint . the first search result i come to " Omega OYL-061 Voss Kveik
Temperature Range 72–98° F (22–37° C)
That's to good to be true . have you try this by yourself ? next week i will be doing "Brewer's Best American Light Kit" and from my understanding the kit have Safale US-05 Ale yeast . if this Omega OYL-061 works with this type of beer i will buy it now and use it instead of afale US-05

I haven't used Kveik yet, but don't just listen to me - look on this forum, YouTube, and all over the internet and you'll see that it's a very popular thing and a great many people have experience with it.

Click here:
kveik
THIS.gif

I used Lallemand Kveik dry yeast during Australia's last typically scorching summer. Fermented at approximately 30degC (I have a cool cellar!), but the yeast is apparently good to 39degC. Sprinkled it on my wort and let it go. The results (pale ales) were excellent. No off flavours, as the yeast is a neutral strain. This yeast will probably be good a little above the 39degC limit, but you can only find out by experimenting.

I am wanting to convert a chest freezer into a temperature controlled fermentation chamber. I've read about the Inkbird temperature controller, and I certainly understand how it works. My question is: will the freezer with the temperature controller hold a fermentation temp for an ale of 60 or so degrees? Or does it only work with lagers where you cool it down much colder temperatures?

I have a keezer with the Inkbird and it works beautifully at the serving temperature, but I really wonder how well this system works at controlling the fermentation temperature for ale fermentation. Can anyone shed some light on this, please? Thank you in advance!!

I am wanting to convert a chest freezer into a temperature controlled fermentation chamber. I've read about the Inkbird temperature controller, and I certainly understand how it works. My question is: will the freezer with the temperature controller hold a fermentation temp for an ale of 60 or so degrees? Or does it only work with lagers where you cool it down much colder temperatures?

I have a keezer with the Inkbird and it works beautifully at the serving temperature, but I really wonder how well this system works at controlling the fermentation temperature for ale fermentation. Can anyone shed some light on this, please? Thank you in advance!!

I have a 7 cu ft chest freezer with an "inkbird like" temp controller. I've fermented at temps from 60 - 70 degrees with no problems. I do watch out for condensation (I use a rechargeable moisture absorber inside the freezer). My only recommendation, make sure your wort is close to set temp when you place in the freezer. I also put the temp sensor on the outside of the fermentation bucket in a 2" thick cube of insulation. Cheers!

The chest freezer works fine at any temp. The closer to ambient, the less it cycles.

I bought a brand new mini-refrigerator at Home Depot for $180 that works perfect with the $30 Inkbird temperature controller for fermentation at any temperature I want. Of course, then it also works perfect to cold crash and chill my beer for serving (holds two 5 gal kegs).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-4-4-cu-ft-Mini-Fridge-in-Black-HMAR440BE/205951818

Would you be willing to take a few interior measurements for me (width/height/depth to compressor hump)?

I'm thinking of picking up an Anvil 7.5G bucket fermenter and am trying to figure out what fridge to start with for a chamber, given the extra width of the non-collapsible handles (16.5"). I know I'll need to build a collar, but want to get an idea of how much room I'd be starting with.

Cheers!

Would you be willing to take a few interior measurements for me (width/height/depth to compressor hump)?

The internal measurements are about 28 1/2" height, 16" width and about 18" deep. By cutting the door divider a little, I added about 2" to the depth or a total of about 20" which I needed for the top of my SS Brewtech 7 gallon fermenter.

You do then lose a little of this internal space with the back shelf for the compressor. This measure about 8" high by 6" deep and goes across the full 16" width of the refrigerator.

The internal measurements are about 28 1/2" height, 16" width and about 18" deep. By cutting the door divider a little, I added about 2" to the depth or a total of about 20" which I needed for the top of my SS Brewtech 7 gallon fermenter.

You do then lose a little of this internal space with the back shelf for the compressor. This measure about 8" high by 6" deep and goes across the full 16" width of the refrigerator.

Thanks so much for all the great detail! :mug:

Latest posts

Back