Fermentation temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakis

Reaction score
Hey so I brewed a 1 gallon brooklyn brew shop chocolate maple porter yesterday and it's fermenting under my sink where the ambient temp is about 76 F. I'm out for the evening but after reading about fermentation temps I am worried it is way to high. Is it too late for me to make a swamp cooler in the morning for the carboy?

it's never to late to try. you won't know if you got off flavors until the fermentation is done. the quicker you get it under control the better your chances are that it will be "perfect".

I hope you have some way to contain the blowout you are probably about to experience(think blowoff tube). Don't want to ruin the floor under the sink.
As soon as you get back home, at least put the jar in a bucket of cool water.
Good luck!

I did my Brooklyn recipes in a small mop bucket with some ice. Changed it out maybe once every 24 hours and it worked fine. If you've got a cooler you could put the little jug in there and use ice packs to help contain the mess a little better and use less water.

I did one of these and my ambient room temp is 66. I got about 24 hours of yeast activity. Do yall think that is ok?

I made the same one on Dec 18th. I am fermenting it at a controlled 16.7 C (62 f?).

Let us know how yours turned out. Mine is still mildly fermenting.

Latest posts

Back