Fermentation Resource Scheduler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TennBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for some kind of software to handle multiple fermenters and fermentation chambers (read: fridges). I have several fridges that I have made into fermentation chambers and several fermenters varying in size from 1 to 6.5 gallons. I would like to be able to schedule when I can brew (5 or 10 gallon batch) and have the fermenter(s) and space available. If nobody knows of anything that can handle this, then I will have to make it myself. If I do have to create it, is there enough interest in the HBT universe to want/need it.

I don't brew often enough to need anything like that. When I brew a lot, there is one that has fermented for about 2 weeks. That one comes out of the fermentation chamber and the new brew goes in.

It's hella overkill but I use Microsoft Schedule+ for that. It provides deep resource management so you can set up each resource (fermentors, fridges, etc) and it will track availability of each so conflicts are evident...

Cheers!

Last edited:
There are some commercial systems that'll do it, but nothing wrong with just setting up a Google Calendar. Or a dry erase board. Or both.

But since yeast don't keep a calendar, you're still at their mercy. Especially if a batch takes longer than anticipated you can throw off the entire schedule. Even moreso if you need the yeast for other batches.

update: I've been using a combination of software. There is a free resource scheduling website, http://www.sharetimetable.com/, that allows me to set up 4 resources and schedule usage among them. I have 1) MAIN FRIDGE, 2) FREEZER, 3) MINI FRIDGE, and 4) KEGERATOR where I have 2 taps. I can book time on any of these resources, and make up the schedules for primary and secondary fermentation, cold crash in the FREEZER, and lager time in the mini fridge. The kegerator has 2 taps so I can schedule when beers will be ready for tapping and enjoying. Outlook takes care of the event scheduling so I know when to brew beers, rack beers, dry hop, force carb and tap kegs. It works out pretty great.

Latest posts

Back