Fellowship of the Homebrew VIII: I Drink and I know Things

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last offer is mashing.
20190528_123621~2.jpeg

I've got a halo halo milkshake IPA that might be ready by the time I ship also.

Sorry for the delay. Start working on it in a minute, after grabing a beer. Thought I'd be done at like..noon...

Not sure if your aware but you can load it into @Thorrak website. I looked earlier and for some reason his site hasn’t been used since FOTHB III. It definitely makes it easier for the organizer.

Time to display the Fellowship of the Home Brew VIII Offerings!

PianoMan (all 12oz except the wine)
1) Wood Roasted Coffee Milk Stout. 7.2%ABV. Made with a local coffee shop Dark Wood Roasted Coffee.
2) Peanut Butter Milk Stout. 7.2%ABV. Made by de-oiling Natural Peanut Butter and adding the paste for about 5days.
3) Raspberry Hard Lemonade. 6.5%ABV. Secondary with Frozen Raspberries and extract added at kegging.
4) BlueBerry Sour. 4%ABV. Used WL655 Blend. Secondary Pureed 5lbs frozen Blueberries for 5 days (2.5gal batch).
Bonus: Bottle of SoCo HomeBrew (LHBS) Strawberry Wine. Nice strawberry flavor. 6.5ish ABV.

imasickboy
12oz bottles of all the following:

Suburbia - Cream Ale - OG 1.043 - ABV: pending - Cluster and Cascade, Maris and honey malt.
The MD Ale - Barrel Aged Wee Heavy - OG ~1.080 - ABV: A bunch. Three different wee heavy recipes, brewed by three different homebrew club members, blended together and aged in a Dad's Hat Rye Whiskey barrel.
Whack-a-Mole Stout - Mexican Stout - OG 1.061 - ABV: 6% - Cacao nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon, and three varieties of peppers.
Double Chocolate Stout - OG 1.056 - ABV: pending - Cocoa powder, cacao nibs, vanilla beans
Creeping Death - Imperial Stout - OG 1.090 - ABV: pending - This is the next beer to go into my rye whiskey barrel. It will be blended with two other different stouts, and aged until it's done. The bottle in this trade will be my pre-barrel version.

TBC
Sangria Blush Wine-WineExpert Kit

Lemon Skeeter Pee-recipe at skeeterpee.com

Lime Skeeter Pee-same as above but substituted lime juice for lemon

Belgian White Ale-just brewed today.
5lbs Pilsner
2.5 flaked wheat
2.5 torrified wheat
2oz Celeia 60min
1oz coriander primary
1oz sweet orange peel primary
Danstar Munich Ale yeast

Lemondrop Wheat-5.5%
5lb 6-row
6lb white wheat
1lb flaked wheat
1lb torrified wheat
14oz corn sugar to boost ABV
1oz Lemon drop 60min
1oz Lemon drop 30min
1oz Lemon drop 5min
WLP 320

Lemondrop Wheat IPA
Same as above except I dry hopped with an additional 3oz lemon drop. Probably should have used 6oz.

Mosaic SMaSH-last bottle!
11lbs Marris Otter
0.25oz Mosaic 60min
0.75oz Mosaic 15min
1oz Mosaic flameout
1oz Mosaic cryohops dryhop 7days
US-05

TwistedGray
Blackberry cider
Hibiscus cider
Spiced (Christmas) cider
Stout-Cider v1 circa 2016
Stout-Cider v3 circa 2018

passedpawn
1: Jester IPA: All jester hops in boil, dryhopped with amarillo. ABV=7.6% (OG=1.070, FG=1.013), SRM=6.3, IBU=63
2: Wildflower Honey Wheat: American Wheat; 4 oz chamomile flowers added to boil, 3# honey added to fermentor. ABV=6.2% (OG=1.070, FG=1.013), SRM=4.7, IBU=26.
3: Limoncello (Hard Lemonade): From home-grown lemons, fortified with vodka. ABV=17%
4: another one of the above - you choose.
I expect to have both brewed 2 June, carbed and bottled and ready to ship 24 June.
5: Hobgoblin Ruby (Strong ESB): Dark bready chocolate nutty. ABV=6%, SRM=20, IBU=35 (expected)
4: Lawnmower Pale Ale: Light Pale Ale, dryhopped with Citra. ABV=5% (expected)

fourfarthing
Rebel Pale Ale brewed with flaked grains and 100% Ella hopped 6.6%

Sophie Demi Pale Ale brewed with El Dorado. Pitched with Conan, American Ale and London III 5.8%

Saison based on Dan Suarez’s recipe in Beer and Brewing swapping Sorachi Ace in for Warrior 4.7%

Arthur Witbier to be brewed and hopefully the same from last year to compare

Stray Paddington Brett IPA to be brewed and hopefully as good as last years

Shipping on mine will likely be in mid July

Dgallo (12oz)
Alright brother, here are the offers

- Milkshake Style Sour brewed with lactose, raspberries, orange zest, and vanilla beans. Dryhopped with Mosiac and Manderina. Abv: 6.6%

-2-12oz bottles of Imperial Stout brewed Vanilla and Whole Bean Coffee from Mexico and Guatemala. Abv 11.2%

-2-12oz bottles of NEIPA featuring Mosiac, Citra, and Chinook. It’s still finishing up but the Abv will be around 6.8%-7.0%

aharri1
Crooked Caramel DIPA
Czech black lager "E'Fleku
Smooth Operator IPL
Heidelbeer Susa torte (blueberry berliner weisse)

jaymosbeershack

Infatuated Rye APA: Pale ale malt, rye malt, flaked rye, and Munich. Cascade all the way through. 5.5%

Cheeky Monkey ESB: Marris Otter, C40, C80. English ale yeast with EKG 5.5%

Manmosa Brut IPA: US 2 row, pils, maize. Hopped with Azacca. OG 1.058 FG 0.999 7.7%

DDH One I Monster: 2 row, Munich, C20. Simcoe, Amarillo, Cascade. 7.5%ish(hopefully)

camonick
1– Brown Ale. Moose Drool clone 5.5% ABV
Pale Malt, caramel 60, chocolate malt & smidge of midnight wheat. Willamette & EKG hops= 27 IBUs

2– Märzen. My own recipe. 5.8% ABV
Munich, Vienna, Pilsner & Caramunich malts. Hallertau Mittelfruh hops 20.3 IBUs

3– Irish Red Ale (Raging Red from HBT ale recipes minus the honey) A little hoppier than a traditional red but still ok. 4.8% ABV
Maris Otter, Carafoam, Melanoiden & CaraAroma with Cascade and Crystal hops =23 IBUs

4– Czech Pilsner (might even show up in a green bottle) 5.5% ABV
Pilsner, Caramel 10L & Dextrin malt with Saaz hops = 22 IBUs & 3.7 SRM

jason613
60 schilling scotch ale
Belgian pale ale
Session ipa
Stout or porter
Spent grain dog treats

LoneTreeFarms
Blueberry wheat - 6% alc. light blueberry flavor with a base wheat beer backbone
Almond Joy - base milk stout with toasted coconut and almond. Have to look up abv later
White stout - 5% pale milk stout with vanilla bean and whole coffee beans added in secondary. Carbing now, haven’t tasted.
Pineapple sculpin clone - 6% DIPA with pineapple extract added.

Last edited:
Pick Times for Thursday 7pm CST Start Time....
TwistedGray - 7:00
Dgallo - 7:05
fourfarthing - 7:10
passedpawn - 7:15
camonick - 7:20
LoneTreeFarms - 7:25
Pianoman - 7:30
aharri1 - 7:35
TBC - 7:40
jaymosbeershack- 7:45
imasickboy - 7:50
jason613 - 8:00

@Thorrak and @Beerwildered get eachother. They can PM eachother the offerings..

Pick Times for Thursday 7pm CST Start Time....
TwistedGray - 7:00
Dgallo - 7:05
fourfarthing - 7:10
passedpawn - 7:15
camonick - 7:20
LoneTreeFarms - 7:25
Pianoman - 7:30
aharri1 - 7:35
TBC - 7:40
jaymosbeershack- 7:45
imasickboy - 7:50
jason613 - 8:00

@Thorrak and @Beerwildered get eachother. They can PM eachother the offerings..

Who uses CST? I had to google CST to EST?

Time to display the Fellowship of the Home Brew VIII Offerings!

PianoMan (all 12oz except the wine)
1) Wood Roasted Coffee Milk Stout. 7.2%ABV. Made with a local coffee shop Dark Wood Roasted Coffee.
2) Peanut Butter Milk Stout. 7.2%ABV. Made by de-oiling Natural Peanut Butter and adding the paste for about 5days.
3) Raspberry Hard Lemonade. 6.5%ABV. Secondary with Frozen Raspberries and extract added at kegging.
4) BlackBerry Sour. 4%ABV. Used WL655 Blend. Pureed 5lbs frozen Blackberries and added at kegging (2.5gal batch).
Bonus: Bottle of SoCo HomeBrew (LHBS) Strawberry Wine. Nice strawberry flavor. 6.5ish ABV.

imasickboy
12oz bottles of all the following:

Suburbia - Cream Ale - OG 1.043 - ABV: pending - Cluster and Cascade, Maris and honey malt.
The MD Ale - Barrel Aged Wee Heavy - OG ~1.080 - ABV: A bunch. Three different wee heavy recipes, brewed by three different homebrew club members, blended together and aged in a Dad's Hat Rye Whiskey barrel.
Whack-a-Mole Stout - Mexican Stout - OG 1.061 - ABV: 6% - Cacao nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon, and three varieties of peppers.
Double Chocolate Stout - OG 1.056 - ABV: pending - Cocoa powder, cacao nibs, vanilla beans
Creeping Death - Imperial Stout - OG 1.090 - ABV: pending - This is the next beer to go into my rye whiskey barrel. It will be blended with two other different stouts, and aged until it's done. The bottle in this trade will be my pre-barrel version.

TBC
Sangria Blush Wine-WineExpert Kit

Lemon Skeeter Pee-recipe at skeeterpee.com

Lime Skeeter Pee-same as above but substituted lime juice for lemon

Belgian White Ale-just brewed today.
5lbs Pilsner
2.5 flaked wheat
2.5 torrified wheat
2oz Celeia 60min
1oz coriander primary
1oz sweet orange peel primary
Danstar Munich Ale yeast

Lemondrop Wheat-5.5%
5lb 6-row
6lb white wheat
1lb flaked wheat
1lb torrified wheat
14oz corn sugar to boost ABV
1oz Lemon drop 60min
1oz Lemon drop 30min
1oz Lemon drop 5min
WLP 320

Lemondrop Wheat IPA
Same as above except I dry hopped with an additional 3oz lemon drop. Probably should have used 6oz.

Mosaic SMaSH-last bottle!
11lbs Marris Otter
0.25oz Mosaic 60min
0.75oz Mosaic 15min
1oz Mosaic flameout
1oz Mosaic cryohops dryhop 7days
US-05

TwistedGray
Blackberry cider
Hibiscus cider
Spiced (Christmas) cider
Stout-Cider v1 circa 2016
Stout-Cider v3 circa 2018

passedpawn
1: Jester IPA: All jester hops in boil, dryhopped with amarillo. ABV=7.6% (OG=1.070, FG=1.013), SRM=6.3, IBU=63
2: Wildflower Honey Wheat: American Wheat; 4 oz chamomile flowers added to boil, 3# honey added to fermentor. ABV=6.2% (OG=1.070, FG=1.013), SRM=4.7, IBU=26.
3: Limoncello (Hard Lemonade): From home-grown lemons, fortified with vodka. ABV=17%
4: another one of the above - you choose.
I expect to have both brewed 2 June, carbed and bottled and ready to ship 24 June.
5: Hobgoblin Ruby (Strong ESB): Dark bready chocolate nutty. ABV=6%, SRM=20, IBU=35 (expected)
4: Lawnmower Pale Ale: Light Pale Ale, dryhopped with Citra. ABV=5% (expected)

fourfarthing
Rebel Pale Ale brewed with flaked grains and 100% Ella hopped 6.6%

Sophie Demi Pale Ale brewed with El Dorado. Pitched with Conan, American Ale and London III 5.8%

Saison based on Dan Suarez’s recipe in Beer and Brewing swapping Sorachi Ace in for Warrior 4.7%

Arthur Witbier to be brewed and hopefully the same from last year to compare

Stray Paddington Brett IPA to be brewed and hopefully as good as last years

Shipping on mine will likely be in mid July

Dgallo (12oz)
Alright brother, here are the offers

- Milkshake Style Sour brewed with lactose, raspberries, orange zest, and vanilla beans. Dryhopped with Mosiac and Manderina. Abv: 6.6%

-2-12oz bottles of Imperial Stout brewed Vanilla and Whole Bean Coffee from Mexico and Guatemala. Abv 11.2%

-2-12oz bottles of NEIPA featuring Mosiac, Citra, and Chinook. It’s still finishing up but the Abv will be around 6.8%-7.0%

aharri1
Crooked Caramel DIPA
Czech black lager "E'Fleku
Smooth Operator IPL
Heidelbeer Susa torte (blueberry berliner weisse)

jaymosbeershack

Infatuated Rye APA: Pale ale malt, rye malt, flaked rye, and Munich. Cascade all the way through. 5.5%

Cheeky Monkey ESB: Marris Otter, C40, C80. English ale yeast with EKG 5.5%

Manmosa Brut IPA: US 2 row, pils, maize. Hopped with Azacca. OG 1.058 FG 0.999 7.7%

DDH One I Monster: 2 row, Munich, C20. Simcoe, Amarillo, Cascade. 7.5%ish(hopefully)

camonick
1– Brown Ale. Moose Drool clone 5.5% ABV
Pale Malt, caramel 60, chocolate malt & smidge of midnight wheat. Willamette & EKG hops= 27 IBUs

2– Märzen. My own recipe. 5.8% ABV
Munich, Vienna, Pilsner & Caramunich malts. Hallertau Mittelfruh hops 20.3 IBUs

3– Irish Red Ale (Raging Red from HBT ale recipes minus the honey) A little hoppier than a traditional red but still ok. 4.8% ABV
Maris Otter, Carafoam, Melanoiden & CaraAroma with Cascade and Crystal hops =23 IBUs

4– Czech Pilsner (might even show up in a green bottle) 5.5% ABV
Pilsner, Caramel 10L & Dextrin malt with Saaz hops = 22 IBUs & 3.7 SRM

jason613
60 schilling scotch ale
Belgian pale ale
Session ipa
Stout or porter
Spent grain dog treats

LoneTreeFarms
Blueberry wheat - 6% alc. light blueberry flavor with a base wheat beer backbone
Almond Joy - base milk stout with toasted coconut and almond. Have to look up abv later
White stout - 5% pale milk stout with vanilla bean and whole coffee beans added in secondary. Carbing now, haven’t tasted.
Pineapple sculpin clone - 6% DIPA with pineapple extract added.
5E722DC3-D670-4A57-9C0F-89A3A24FC590.gif

Giving me the third best chance to let you know where I live. HB in transit baby.

Ok, creepiness aside, I tell my wife its the draft pick list. I pick third. I am now the Jets. I am now less excited.

I gave you 100 bucks last year when you asked me for it. I guess there's an element of trust on these forums (fora?).

Not sure if your aware but you can load it into @Thorrak website. I looked earlier and for some reason his site hasn’t been used since FOTHB III. It definitely makes it easier for the organizer.
I've heard. Seems I tried with the FotD..IDK, maybe I'm just a dunce..[emoji22]

The moment I saw @passedpawn's name added to the list I was hoping I would get a chance to see if his beer lived up to his food posts. That damn IPA is going to ruin me though, so I am hoping that we can substitute that out for some homemade meat and/or cheese?

Back