Fellowship of The Homebrew VII: Kegs of Fury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scturo

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone, and welcome to the FOTHB,

This is the seventh Fellowship of the Home Brew trade thread!!

Now that the Holiday madness is over, we can focus on making some great brews.
This thread is all about sharing home brew with one another. I love my brew, but I love yours more. So from your house to mine, and vice versa.

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Send me descriptions of your Home Brew offerings (see previous FotHB).
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings along with posting the randomized pick order in 5min intervals.
4. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
5. On pick day, show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules...
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but vetted by their peers.
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles is preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. :)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request.
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the homebrew you received to aid our fellow brewers if requested.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be okay with receiving the offer as-is.

Current Timeline
01/8/2019 - Start thread
02/9/2019 - Offers due by
02/15/2019 - List of offers and pick order posted
02/22/2019 - pick day starting at 6pm EST
Current timeline is subject to change depending on feedback from participants

Picks will be at approximately 5 min intervals depending on the number of participants. For example, if we exceed a certain number of offers a 5 minute pause to update with current available offers will be inserted as needed.

Past FOTHBs:

FOTHB 1
FOTHB 2
FOTHB 3
FOTHB 4
FOTHB 5
FOTHB 6

Last edited:
Watching! I have to see what I can put together before the deadlines.
Plus this gets my butt in gear to bottle some beer off the kegs.
Thanks @Scturo for running this round!

I’ll take that as a yes,[emoji6]

I would like to join, I'll have to see how the week works out. I've been prepping to brew all week and realized I've lost my ph meter. So... From five planned brew days to zero. BUUULLOWS!

I would like to join, I'll have to see how the week works out. I've been prepping to brew all week and realized I've lost my ph meter. So... From five planned brew days to zero. BUUULLOWS!

You are really new, any trade experience on this site? I’ll add you, as long as everyone is ok with it. Welcome!

You are really new, any trade experience on this site? I’ll add you, as long as everyone is ok with it. Welcome!
Documented trade experience, no. But I'll post some pics of my latest trades if that'll make any difference. I've been at this a long time, and I certainly understand any reservations the group may have. My feelings won't be hurt if you decide against it. Sure, I'll be crushed, might cry a bit, drink too much, but, just like Gloria Gayner, I will survive.

Who am i kidding? I'm going to drink too much regardless.

Documented trade experience, no. But I'll post some pics of my latest trades if that'll make any difference. I've been at this a long time, and I certainly understand any reservations the group may have. My feelings won't be hurt if you decide against it. Sure, I'll be crushed, might cry a bit, drink too much, but, just like Gloria Gayner, I will survive.

Who am i kidding? I'm going to drink too much regardless.

You should be good, now make some brew, [emoji6]

20171106_172721_HDR~2.jpg
20171106_172721_HDR~2.jpg
A trade I (allegedly) sent to Texas when I was working in New England. In return he sent me some really obscure Jester King, a couple of St. Arnold barrel aged beauties, a Brash ***** Wagon, a Cedar Creek Quad, and a six of Cedar Creek Dankosaurus.

Good start so far.

1. Scturo
2. GaBrewZoo
3. 6Tap
4. JCasey1992
5. Homergah
6. PianoMan
7. imasickboy
8. jason613
9. TBC
10. fourfarthing
11. chrisgood1
12. corbmonster
13. Gunshowgreg

Last edited:
View attachment 606231 View attachment 606231
A trade I (allegedly) sent to Texas when I was working in New England. In return he sent me some really obscure Jester King, a couple of St. Arnold barrel aged beauties, a Brash ***** Wagon, a Cedar Creek Quad, and a six of Cedar Creek Dankosaurus.
Where did this phantom Texas trader live? Jester King is like 5miles away.

Where did this phantom Texas trader live? Jester King is like 5miles away.
He actually lives about 5 minutes from me now that I'm back in Texas. But we're about 5 hours from JK. We're just north of Beaumont. He goes there, and to Pinthouse, 3 or 4 times a year.

He actually lives about 5 minutes from me now that I'm back in Texas. But we're about 5 hours from JK. We're just north of Beaumont. He goes there, and to Pinthouse, 3 or 4 times a year.
Next time he goes to JK, Suds Monkey is just a couple miles down 290. Tiny place but decent ipas.

I can’t have any beer ready in time for this round. My in laws were here over Christmas and obliterated my pipeline. If I do participate, it would be April or May before I could catch up and ship, due to my upcoming work schedule, and that’s probably nt fair to y’all. I guess I’ll sit this one out and join in on the next trade.

I am a newbie interested. If you could give more details on how everything works That be cool. I got a coffee chocolate milk stout brewing now. Everything else I have is in 16 oz flip top bottles and I'd hate to lose those.

I have some oatmeal stout I made that I really like. I'm in to share! Can I share more than one style?

Folks typically share 3 to 4 different styles. Check out some of the previous trades to see what has been shipped.

I am a newbie interested. If you could give more details on how everything works That be cool. I got a coffee chocolate milk stout brewing now. Everything else I have is in 16 oz flip top bottles and I'd hate to lose those.

The first post explains in detail, basically you will put up a Homebrew Offer (minimum 4 bottles of as many styles as possible) and we raffle drawing slots, like an NFL draft. The first person gets to choose from all the offers, and so on until all the offers are chosen. Check out some of the previous rounds to get a good idea.

As far as being new, all we ask is that if you choose to participate, that you follow through and ship to whoever chooses you.

Back