Fellowship of the Homebrew II: May the Malt be With You

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imasickboy

Drinkasaurus extraordinarius
Reaction score
Fellowship of the Homebrew II: May the Malt be With You

Welcome to Round II of the Fellowship of the Homebrew swap!

This thread is all about sharing homebrew with one another. If you're interested in retail sharing please visit the current Fellowship of the Drink thread.
FotD IX

Link to the previous Trades:
FotH I

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Once you're confirmed as a participant, PM me a list of your offering with a good description for each item. Pictures are optional.
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings, (and photos).
4. A day or two before the picks I'll use a randomizer to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5min between participants.
5. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
6. On pick day show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules..
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive, otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience.
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonaids, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles, but we understand how difficult that can be, so no flogging if it's not possible. :)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request.
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the home brew you received to aid our fellow brewer if requested.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required however.

Offers from the first round:
FotH I

Current Timeline
Monday, October 2 - Create thread for Round II
Friday, November 3 - All photos & final submissions due
Sunday, November 5 - List of offers posted. Order of picks revealed via random drawing by 10pm EST.
Saturday, November 11 - Pick day. 1st pick will be 2:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5min interval.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bubbly goodness

20171012_105358.jpg

Obscure, yeast stopped fermenting already. Perhaps the heated wrap got it too hot? Seems unlikely to me. I pulled the heat so we'll see if it magically comes to life or if I have to pitch more yeast...rather not.

Obscure, yeast stopped fermenting already. Perhaps the heated wrap got it too hot? Seems unlikely to me. I pulled the heat so we'll see if it magically comes to life or if I have to pitch more yeast...rather not.

I doubt it got hot enough to kill the yeast, if anything it would have sped up fermentation. What the gravity at?

Current Timeline
Friday, November 3 - All photos & final submissions due

Just as a head's up, I will not meet this timeline because I forgot to take a photo and do an inventory before leaving my house a few days ago. I have a pretty good idea as to what I'll be shipping, but I won't/don't have a photo ready. Let me know how to proceed.

I will be able to submit a photo on the 4th or 5th at the latest as I don't get back home until late on the 4th.

Just as a head's up, I will not meet this timeline because I forgot to take a photo and do an inventory before leaving my house a few days ago. I have a pretty good idea as to what I'll be shipping, but I won't/don't have a photo ready. Let me know how to proceed.

I will be able to submit a photo on the 4th or 5th at the latest as I don't get back home until late on the 4th.

If you want, I can rearrange my bottles with a different background and send a photo across for you to use. ;)

For FotH since most of the beer is unlabeled, I don't think the photo matters as much. I hope not at least -- I'm not going to be able to bottle mine until just before shipping I fear!

I have two issues with this round.

First, I didn't receive very many offers.

Second, and more importantly, I will be unable to make the 2pm start on pick day. There is a homebrew event that I committed to that same day, 11-4. Can we postpone? Perhaps get more offers in, and pick another weekend? Or should I just post up the offers I have, and ask someone else to run the picks Saturday?

Dude, I know, this is a sad little thread. What happened? Anyway on a positive note I just brewed 10 gallons of ESB and 5 of a porter. I will be ready for the next round.

:mug:

I've got two beers ready now, and a third which is absolutely terrible. I was hoping to have a mead ready, but it needs more aging before it's really palatable. Definitely behind the curve on this one. Mainly, I need to find more time to brew!

Well, what's the plan folks? I leave the country in four weeks, and I would like to make sure I have ample time to get a package out to someone. Just checking :)

I should be mostly bottled in two weeks so maybe we do picks around then? At this small, as long as we communicate well we really don’t need to go overly formal on the pick day.

Sounds good to me. I am going to keg my latest batch this weekend so it should be ready to go by then too.

@TwistedGray
@JDXX1971
@fourfarthing
@Thorrak
@jerbrew

Can we make this happen? Offers in sometime before the 30th? (I'll post up your previously submitted ones, unless you submit a new one.) Can we get offers from all six of us?

Sounds like a plan. I'm in the same boat as @fourfarthing for this round as I may be a bit late in shipping given that my final beer is currently in the fermenter, but I will try to get it out ASAP following the close of the round.

I only have 2 to offer, 3 if I wait for my cider to finish and carb in the next weekish. My other offer got consumed before I could bottle any. Stupid friends.

Back