Fellowship of the Drink XXVII: Welcome to the Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super cool fun happy box from @bwible

The glass was a nice added bonus. While I already have like a dozen glasses I don't need, I don't have one of this style. In other words, I need it- that's what I'll tell the wife. She's mostly understanding.

View attachment 770493
So happy everything made it intact.

Used to go to this one bar near Roxbury NY and drink $0.75 Genny Cream Ale on tap on weekdays before 6:00. Loved that place.
You guys in NY - I heard awhile back Pabst brought Schaefer beer back and they are brewing it again in NY for the first time in decades. And they re-branded the packaging. Are you guys seeing this?

I’ve been able to find it here in PA but always in the old school cans, only in 30 packs and its been hit or miss as to when I can find it. Haven’t seen it recently.

46F83F5A-9077-4AC6-899D-42941D3D47E7.jpeg

I haven’t seen it around much in Central New York. Apparently, they relaunched it down in the city first with plans to expand to the rest of the state. Pabst owns the brand and it's brewed under contract at F. X. Matt in Utica.

Excuse my ignorance on this, you can ship beer? My son lives 10 hours from me and I didn’t know this was allowed.
Are you using UPS, USPS, or Fed - Ex?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You are asking experts in shipping and receiving. I'm at maybe, 30 packages? Not only can we give advice on how to lie about your contents but even better, safe wrapping practices. We've had packages confiscated returned. I've had packages with the beer explode in the package still delivered by USPS, with a warning letter.

Seeing some of these packages makes me feel like the person that picked me got shafted... 🤔

Nothing is on offer other than your initial post. Other people (me) being stupid and wasting money to toss in bonus beers should have no impact on how you feel about what you send out the door.

Me too, I followed the rules too literally. First time I'm participating here, live and learn.

And you literally ONLY have to do just that. If you don't ship "extra" or "bonus" beers, and the receiving individual takes issue with that, guess what? Buh bye from the club - Rule #1 of the Unwritten Rules.

Back