Fellowship of the Drink XXV: The Silver Anniversary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesonFan

Reaction score
This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive.

Here are some of the previous rounds so you can see how this works:

Fellowship of the Drink XX: The Imperial Pint

Fellowship Of The Drink XV: Flight Club

Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Fellowship of the Drink XI: Lunar Landings

Fellowship of the Drink XXI: The Thread that is Old Enough to Drink Itself

So how does it work?

1. If you're interested in participating, post your interest in this thread! I will keep a list of the people who are interested.
  2. After you're confirmed but before the "Offer Due" date, PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to something like Beer Advocate/Ratebeer/Untappd for each beer so that others can get an idea what they are
  3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos and use a randomizer to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5 minutes between participants.
  4. If you think you might not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you. I will not use your pick list until the end of the window so you are welcome to use it the day of.
  5. On pick day log in at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list, I'll cover you. If you miss your window, say something in the thread when you arrive and you can pick after the person currently picking.
What's in an offer?

• Each offering should be at least 3-6 cans or bottles of commercial beer, preferably local to the sender (or otherwise not widely distributed) but please - no more than 86 fl. oz. total in the pictured offering.
  • Each offering must also contain at least 1 non-beer item: glassware, stickers, coozies, etc. You can get creative.
  • You additionally may also offer some homemade beverages with the commercial offerings (we all love trying homebrew, let's be honest).
What's in the box?

• The most important thing in the box is what you offered, but many participants also include other "extras"
  • This isn't a contest to see who can shove the most beer (or most expensive beer) in a box - whales are not required or expected. Most participants are looking to try beers they may have never even known existed from small breweries local to you. Let's think about those Untappd tings.
  • Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required.
Rules (there must be rules)

Participants must also meet all of the following requirements:
1) Continental US resident of legal drinking age
2) A HBT member for at least 6 months
3) An active participant in the community (based on iTrader rating/activity, recent post count, participation in previous beer swaps, etc.)

... or have been (or are vouched by) a previous FotD participant.

Participants should also give feedback on iTrader of their experience.

Current Timeline

Sunday, June 20th
- Offers Due (including photos & style descriptions)
Wednesday, June 23rd - Pick list & order posted.
Sunday, June 27th - Pick day! 1st pick will be 8:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5 min interval, contingent upon the rules above.

Have any questions or are interested in participating? Post here!

Last edited:
Going to pass this round, as crazy as it sounds, we are going pro! Have some t-shirts to give away if anyone is interested. A follow on instagram(twistedfatebrewing) would be great if you got it. Dm me for a free t-shirt if interested, have 5 or so left, mostly xl/xxl. Good luck and good health and luck to everyone! Cheers

Attachments

• B17DBEEA-855C-4F63-B841-1A71AFA5DF6E.jpeg
    B17DBEEA-855C-4F63-B841-1A71AFA5DF6E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
I think imma take a few rounds off of trades until I whittle down my collection of beers ... I can't drink enough to keep up with y'all ;)
I don’t blame you at all. I’m sure someone this round would enjoy a box of beers that are not all IPAs. I know I’m looking forward to enjoying these beers too.

I think when he said "due on the 20th" be meant a day starting with a 2. That's how I read it anyway.

Good enough for me. As long as I have them by Wednesday so I can post all of the offers. Kind of a light round, but the offers all look amazing, so nobody will be unhappy. I think all I need to see is an offer from @jerbrew. You can also go the mystery box route as well.

All I can say is ... someone better be thirsty. I tried to stay with the ounce limit on the picture but I am less than artistic. The box, well, that's quite a bit more cluttered. :).

Last edited:
Back