Fellowship of the Drink VIII: The Battle of the Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from Chile and wanted to confirm receipt.

Got it in perfect condition, thank you very much!!!! I did not get a picture to post though sorry. I will leave you feedback later, we have been pretty preoccupied lately. Heck I still have to get Fourfarthings box out!:eek::eek:

Got it in perfect condition, thank you very much!!!! I did not get a picture to post though sorry. I will leave you feedback later, we have been pretty preoccupied lately. Heck I still have to get Fourfarthings box out!:eek::eek:

No worries at all, just wanted to make sure everything got there in one piece given my last shipment woes.

Received the package, unboxed, and smiles all around. Probably my favorite selection to-date, and the packaging was rather ... interesting, lol. Hey, everything survived so kuddos :)

Funny thing is that every time I go to our DC office we end up at DuClaw. I haven't had this one though.

20170911_142821.jpg

I'll offer this up to the FotH and FotD participants first. The usual BYO BOGO offer. $15 paypal to me gets you the one year subscription.

EDIT: Claimed.

Received the package, unboxed, and smiles all around. Probably my favorite selection to-date, and the packaging was rather ... interesting, lol. Hey, everything survived so kuddos :)

Funny thing is that every time I go to our DC office we end up at DuClaw. I haven't had this one though.

Glad it made it okay. I had to carry that tube on the plane with me from Tampa to DC. Imagine my nerves when my bag was screened. I arrived early to the airport that day expecting to get pulled aside.

Received my package from Jimyson. Looking forward to trying these tomorrow. But for tonight a glass of Hoof Hearted coffee will do. Really happy with this box. Thanks again Jimyson, and glad Irma didn't harm the contents.
Oh can I get some info on the homebrew?

20170914_202209.jpg

Received my package from Jimyson. Looking forward to trying these tomorrow. But for tonight a glass of Hoof Hearted coffee will do. Really happy with this box. Thanks again Jimyson, and glad Irma didn't harm the contents.

I’m actually regretting putting them in there a bit. I’ve tried these over the past week and came to the realization that I’ve become lazy with my brewing.

The main problem is that I just throw recipes together last minute and make snap decisions to do certain things on the fly.

The Juice is Loose- was a super strong NEIPA that I added pineapple to the secondary and then a can of pineapple juice. I overdid the juice in my opinion.

Low Carb- is a pretty good stout that has a heavy roast profile but I let sit in my basement without co2 and needed the keg so I bottled it.

Wet my Hops- a pale ale that was with the hops I grew at the house. It has a weird aroma and flavor that I can’t put a description to.

Give them a sip and let me know your thoughts. They are likely tossers.

The bottling was also off because they we both really foamy.

I’ll be tightening up my process here and start churning out some better beers.

How do you like that coffee? I really enjoyed it as a pour over into a cup of ice and it made a solid cup of iced coffee.

Do you get into coffee much? I’d be willing to trade some beans from local shops if you ever want.

I’ve been getting interested in trying to roast beans and have been reading a lot on it. Maybe that’s part of the reason why my brewing has been lacking. Change of interest?

Cool, glad this glass got there ok. I don't believe in sending boxes with empty space. Enjoy!

Yup, I am happy with everything so far! Headed to NOVA in 10 days and planning on splitting the last few with a buddy out there.

I'm going to kick off the new FotD this weekend, so do you guys have any timeline preferences?

I'd be in again. I'm headed to VA/DC, NC, and TN over the next 2 weeks so I think I might be able to find some good beers

Came back home earlier this week to this porch bomb from @afro_lou . Loads of really tasty-looking stuff here - working to clear fridge space as rapidly as possible to get this all cooling down!

IMG_6337.jpg

Back