Fellowship of the Drink VIII: The Battle of the Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great round guys. Crazy good offers, one of the last 3 offers was in my top 4. Just goes to show people's wants are all different.

Oops. I forgot. Someone needs my address? And someone needs to send me theirs...with their choice of glassware. Heading to Troegs tomorrow before a concert.

Oops. I forgot. Someone needs my address? And someone needs to send me theirs...with their choice of glassware. Heading to Troegs tomorrow before a concert.

Here’s the deal. You and fourfarthing are left to pick. The remaining offers are JDXX1971 and fourfarthing.

Which one do you want?

And the final list.

picks.jpg

Big thanks to @thorrack everything arrived well and I appreciate the extras!

Edit: just tilt your head sideways, too lazy to fix.

IMG_6953.jpg

Aw crap, sorry bud, another is on the way. That's what I get for over stuffing.

No worries at all, man! I'm always amazed when glassware actually makes it in one piece, and anyway, the real good stuff all made it unscathed!

I guess they won’t make it back to the beach. Fortunately, they didn’t make it past the weekend. :ban:

Favorite was tiny beasts and second was allegory. Great release!

Yep all good beers. Tiny Beast drinks better with age, that bad boy was a beast at release. It's drinking better with age, also you should be able to pick up a lot of Burial in Eastern NC cause they distro out there. But only their base beers. If you ever want more just hit me up. Glad you enjoyed them!

Looks like my beers that I picked are set to arrive tomorrow, and the ones I shipped are expected to arrive on Thursday. Dang, PA is a long ways from IA!

Just wanted to say thanks to TBC for this awesome box, can't wait to get into these!

DSC_0238.jpg

While it's too early for me to start FotD IX, we can at least start discussing it.

I'd love to see more beers that aren't IPAs. Blasphemy, I know. Maybe no IPAs at all in the offers? Could be extras, though. Or will too many of you jump ship if we did something like that? Just an idea to talk about. Thoughts?

While it's too early for me to start FotD IX, we can at least start discussing it.

I'd love to see more beers that aren't IPAs. Blasphemy, I know. Maybe no IPAs at all in the offers? Could be extras, though. Or will too many of you jump ship if we did something like that? Just an idea to talk about. Thoughts?

I love ipas but am open to most other styles. I think we'd lose some participants just due up local brewers always having an IPA or 6 available.

Would be fine by me - I'd just swap out some of the IPAs in the offers for non-IPAs in the extras. Oh, and supplement with loads of sours. ;)

I'm a fan of the funky (both funky-sour and funky-weird) beers though, so the only reason I wouldn't be happy with restricting the offerings is if I couldn't find enough beers to make my offer complete.

Received my package from@SailorJerry yesterday. Everything made it. Can't wait to try everything especially the Sosus.

IMG_1383.jpg

Received my package from@SailorJerry yesterday. Everything made it. Can't wait to try everything especially the Sosus.

Ha! I forgot I put a Busch Light in there! I was going to print off a recent article that showed that Iowans on average consume like 7 gallons of Busch Light per person, per year. We then decided it should be named Iowa Beer instead, but, I forgot to include the article.

Probably was a WTF moment for you when you saw that!

Ha! I forgot I put a Busch Light in there! I was going to print off a recent article that showed that Iowans on average consume like 7 gallons of Busch Light per person, per year. We then decided it should be named Iowa Beer instead, but, I forgot to include the article.

Probably was a WTF moment for you when you saw that!

I laughed and the wife said "Ooh a Kevin Harvick can!" I have to cut the grass today or tomorrow so it will be a lawnmower beer!

Oh man. It’s out for delivery. Wonder if @JayDog will get it. [emoji15]

I 've been tracking it. Unfortunately we decided to head up to NYC to avoid the storm. I'm gonna have my neighbor hold it for me. Looking forward to a nice hot cup of coffee when I get back. Been on the road since last night. All this truck stop coffee is not helping much.

I 've been tracking it. Unfortunately we decided to head up to NYC to avoid the storm. I'm gonna have my neighbor hold it for me. Looking forward to a nice hot cup of coffee when I get back. Been on the road since last night. All this truck stop coffee is not helping much.

Good to hear you left. Looks like it’s almost a direct hit for you with the latest predictions. I still can’t believe they actually deliver them when evacuations are in order.

First beer from @SailorJerry and I am so glad I chose him!!! This is a great beer, can't wait to try the Sosus.

IMG_1392.jpg

First beer from @SailorJerry and I am so glad I chose him!!! This is a great beer, can't wait to try the Sosus.

Ha! Wait til the Sosus! King Sue was great too, but over hyped in my mind. Always a limited supply of King Sue and this was 1 of 2 bottles I got my hands on.

Ha! Wait til the Sosus! King Sue was great too, but over hyped in my mind. Always a limited supply of King Sue and this was 1 of 2 bottles I got my hands on.

Did a trade with SailorJerry before and Sosus was part of it. Absolutely loved that beer!

@jaydog welcome to NYC. The weather is great this weekend, so get out and enjoy it if you can.

Thanks, I haven't been here since last March. It's too cold for me already. I don't miss it. I was born and raised in Brooklyn. Left 7 years ago. Then a ton of breweries opened up.

Back