Fellowship of the Drink VI: All Crying Samwise's will be Flogged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was Christmas time at my house today. Received a present from @jimyson. Can't wait to try them all but especially the Bodhi, Creeper and the Goo Goo Muck Tart!

IMG_0946.jpg

Santa also left this for me! From @Pianoman. My liver will be hurting after the session lemonades and cherry quad. The yellow rose is in the freezer now and can't wait to try the funk metal and pinthouse pizza beers. Lucky for me I'm off tomorrow!! I almost forgot about the Oaked Mosaic IPA, I love Mosaic and can't wait for that one. It's going into the freezer now.

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

K1ngl1ves has a box of surprises waiting for him, also.

After a few minutes of politely asking (begging), my wife is going to open the box and send me a pic! I asked her to take a nice one. Yeah... we'll see.

I'll update this post when I get the pic. :mug:

Edit: She actually did a nice job! Sickboy tossed some hops in there as well!

Looks great! I can't wait to get home tonight! Thanks @imasickboy .

20170518_171345.jpg

After a few minutes of politely asking (begging), my wife is going to open the box and send me a pic! I asked her to take a nice one. Yeah... we'll see.

I'll update this post when I get the pic. :mug:

I think you should ask her to sample them and tell you what she thinks of them.

I think you should ask her to sample them and tell you what she thinks of them.

My wife does this... and gives feedback consisting of: you will never know how it was, if there would have been zombie dust in the fridge, I would have stayed out of your beer mail.

My wife does this... and gives feedback consisting of: you will never know how it was, if there would have been zombie dust in the fridge, I would have stayed out of your beer mail.

My wife always wants to open it but never drink it. Like it's her present. Now she always tries them when I crack them open and anytime she can taste hops she puts them down immediately. Tonight she grabbed my yellow rose and said mmmm I like grapefruit. I took it off her and told her it's an IPA and she doesn't like it!!!! Waited to long to try this and there's no way she is getting it. She can go pound a Peacharita!

Santa also left this for me! From @Pianoman. My liver will be hurting after the session lemonades and cherry quad. The yellow rose is in the freezer now and can't wait to try the funk metal and pinthouse pizza beers. Lucky for me I'm off tomorrow!! I almost forgot about the Oaked Mosaic IPA, I love Mosaic and can't wait for that one. It's going into the freezer now.

Enjoy my friend!

I got a package from TBC today. WOW! Fantastic. Thanks a bunch. Already got some of them chilling. Excited to try the Spring House beers. I've heard a lot about them.

20170519_120931.jpg

@EcuPirate07 what are wicked weed sours going for down your way. Just picked up 2 different sours up here in PA at my beer store. Marina and Persistence. First time I ever saw wicked weed up here and I'm assuming there is a huge markup.

View attachment 401093
I feel like, even though I didn't pick, I got a better pick than most people. I am awesome at this game! Thanks Coyote68!

Let me know how those Draai Laag are! I really like sours. Also, the guy that runs the sour beer blog is opening a sour beer brewery near me and I've been debating buying a founding membership.

Let me know how those Draai Laag are! I really like sours. Also, the guy that runs the sour beer blog is opening a sour beer brewery near me and I've been debating buying a founding membership.

The answer to that is Most Definitely YES!

Maybe you can talk him into giving you some of his bugs!

Hmmm..... that doesn't read the way I planned it. Oh well! :ban:

View attachment 401093
I feel like, even though I didn't pick, I got a better pick than most people. I am awesome at this game! Thanks Coyote68!

glad they made it safe!! enjoy. that 21 brett salute is 21 brett isolates ( i plated em at a local college lab) along with wlp001 and nottingham.

let me know what ya think of the homebrews.

the draai laag's are all great beers. i should be heading to the brewery next week so i'll have some for the next round.:D

maybe i'll even pick some up for a side trade...hint hint.

@EcuPirate07 what are wicked weed sours going for down your way. Just picked up 2 different sours up here in PA at my beer store. Marina and Persistence. First time I ever saw wicked weed up here and I'm assuming there is a huge markup.

Those two are pretty common for them "here" in Asheville. Most of their sours run $16-$18, their limited releases like the Angels or collabs they do with other breweries range from $20-$26 I think the most expensive they ever did was Red Atrial with JK and that went for $32 a bottle. How much did you pay?

Those two are pretty common for them "here" in Asheville. Most of their sours run $16-$18, their limited releases like the Angels or collabs they do with other breweries range from $20-$26 I think the most expensive they ever did was Red Atrial with JK and that went for $32 a bottle. How much did you pay?

The Marina was bottled 1/17 and $21. Persistence was 11/16 and $23. There was a 1 bottle limit of each. I know I paid a little more because ever since PA changed their beer laws to sell singles at the distributor we're paying a premium.

the draai laag's are all great beers. i should be heading to the brewery next week so i'll have some for the next round.:D

maybe i'll even pick some up for a side trade...hint hint.

If your interested in a side trade I'm game. Let me know what your interested in and I'll see what I can do.

The Marina was bottled 1/17 and $21. Persistence was 11/16 and $23. There was a 1 bottle limit of each. I know I paid a little more because ever since PA changed their beer laws to sell singles at the distributor we're paying a premium.

So $5 mark up...eh, I always like to say a good deal is in the eye of the beholder :D honestly that's not bad, by the time you traded with me or someone else you would spend that in shipping if not a little more so I would say it's decent for no distribution technically and pre InBev lol. I'm sure it will get cheaper once InBev starts flooding the market.

Look what showed up today! My offering from @JayDog. Thanks for the awesome extras! Can't wait to try all of them. The Cigar City/Bottle Logic Collab is awesome because Bottle Logic is local to me and I wouldn't have gotten to try it without this trade. Serendipitous!

On a side note... My box to @Shecter went out today.

2017-05-19 19.58.31.jpg

More administrative action to help @Cegan09 on the next one. Agree with the glassware proposal. I think SOMETHING non-beer related should be sent tho. Dig the PintHousePizza cozies! Changed page-1 to reflect changes and corrected all the offering pages with correct recipients.

Look what showed up today! My offering from @JayDog. Thanks for the awesome extras! Can't wait to try all of them. The Cigar City/Bottle Logic Collab is awesome because Bottle Logic is local to me and I wouldn't have gotten to try it without this trade. Serendipitous!

On a side note... My box to @Shecter went out today.

Nice, when I went to the brewery I saw that collab, so I picked up 2 of them. Haven't tried it yet.

Back