Fellowship of the Drink VI: All Crying Samwise's will be Flogged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnenieGone

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Fellowship of the Drink VI: All crying Samwise's will be FLOGGED!

Welcome to Round VI of the Fellowship of the Drink beer/glassware swap!

This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive.

Link to the previous Trade:
FotD V

Current FotD VI Submissions:
Current VI Submissions Part I
Current VI Submissions Part II

Randomized List:
Participant's Pick Times

Official Results:
Game Over Results

So how does it work?
If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread. Once you're confirmed as a participant, PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to it's page on something like beer advocate/ratebeer/untappd. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos. On the day before choosing I'll use a randomizer, to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5min between participants. If no selection is made nor list was PM'ed to me before hand, you will receive the last selection of the offerings. If you will not be around for the drawing, please send me your selection list and you will receive the highest pick left on your list when your turn comes up.

Rules, there must be rules..
-Continental US residents only
-Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by @Yooper )
-Maximum of 30 participants
-Participants must also meet 1 of the following 4 requirements:
1) A HBT member for 6 months and minimum of 2 iTrader rating. All trades must be 100% positive.
2) A HBT member for 6 months and 0 or 1 iTrader 100% positive rating, but trading experience verified by a qualified FotD participant.
3) A previous FotD participant.
4) Or just PM me with your personal trading experience, and bribery terms! :)
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Each offering should be at least 3-6 cans or bottles of commercial beer, preferably local to the sender, but please no more then 86oz total in offering.
- Each offering must also contain at least 1 non-beer item; glassware, stickers, coozies, etc of a local brewery.
- You additionally may also offer some homemade beverages with the commercial offerings.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted (who doesn't love Easter Eggs!)

Offers from the first five rounds:

Round1
Round2
Round3
Round4
Round5

Current Timeline
Saturday, April 22th - Create thread for Round VI
Monday, May 8th - All photos & final submissions due
Tuesday, May 9th - List of offers posted
Friday, May 12th - Order of picks revealed via random drawing by 10am CST.
Saturday, May 13th - 1st pick will be 11:30CST. All others will be in a 5min interval.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm kinda changing the requirements up a bit...the previous version didn't make sense to me. See what you think. Trading experience is a must here don't you think? Either by itrade or by member verification.

I saw that, and uh actually, Gulp, I don't meet the requirements. Hopefully someone will vouch for me.

:mug::mug::mug:

I'm kinda changing the requirements up a bit...the previous version didn't make sense to me. See what you think. Trading experience is a must here don't you think? Either by itrade or by member verification.

I fully agree with what you are doing there, but the last round had some trade noobs that delivered. If we want to open it up beyond your requirements... and I stress the, if: adding supporting members with whatever time and post requirements make sense to you? At least they have some skin in the game, so to speak.

These threads should give an opportunity to trade virgins.... but only the right ones.

I've been F'ing with them probably while you guys are posting. Totally agree PG. Finalized version posted which should cover all bases, but this shouldn't be the 1st trade experience for anyone I think..but we'll play it by ear. If we can't get 30 verified, then...well go with trade record noobs.

So far:
1) Pianoman - verified
2) imasickboy - verified
3) PatrickGoss - verified
4) Coyote68 - verified
5) RevKev - verified
6) JDXX1971 - verified
7) tlucarelli - verified
8) TBC - verified
9) cegan09 - verified

I'll participate again. Just picked up a couple beers today for the next round.

So far:
1) Pianoman - verified
2) imasickboy - verified - offer submitted
4) Coyote68 - verified
5) RevKev - verified
6) JDXX1971 - verified
7) tlucarelli - verified
8) TBC - verified - Offer submitted
9) cegan09 - verified
10) PaulR - verified
11) afro_lou - verified

So nice to see them before EVERYONE! HeHe!

So far:
1) Pianoman - verified
4) Coyote68 - verified
5) RevKev - verified
6) JDXX1971 - verified
7) tlucarelli - verified
9) cegan09 - verified
10) PaulR - verified
11) afro_lou - verified
12) k1nglives - verified
13) madscientistbrewNq - verified

Just throwing this out there. I work 7am-7pm Sundays-Wed (thurs this week), and have no access to internet in my work place (only lunches/breaks), so if someone needs or PM's me and I don't respond right away, that why.

Yeah I'll join this round. I got some beers already Need to grab a glass now.

I'm in this time. Don't have anything local stocked up right now. Trying to finish up all the Trillium, Alchemist, Allagash, Hill Farmstead and other great beers from the trip we just got back from. Maybe a few of those could be my extras.;)

So far:
1) Pianoman - verified
4) Coyote68 - verified
5) RevKev - verified
6) JDXX1971 - verified
7) tlucarelli - verified
9) cegan09 - verified
10) PaulR - verified
11) afro_lou - verified
12) k1nglives - verified
13) madscientistbrewNq - verified
14) Scturo - verified
15) Brizzo - verified
16) GaBrewZoo - verified

Nice! Half filled in less then a day..

@imasickboy, how did you create a link without having to show the url like how I have it? "Round 1" WAS the link in V, just curious..

@imasickboy, how did you create a link without having to show the url like how I have it? "Round 1" WAS the link in V, just curious..

Type the words you want, then highlight them with your mouse, then click the little globe with a chain link thing. Paste the link in the box that pops up.

Type the words you want, then highlight them with your mouse, then click the little globe with a chain link thing. Paste the link in the box that pops up.

Thanks!

I've always wondered how to do that too, but I've been too dumb to just ask. Lol! Thanks!

:mug:

I've asked so many dumb questions in 50yrs, don't even care anymore! The problem I have is I'll forget how to do it and will ask again in a month. 😒

Back