Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my package from @Bigfish713 today. Well packed, and arrived in perfect condition. It is now stashed away for a bottle share coming up next month.

iTrader feedback also submitted.

@imasickboy
Received my package today. Thank you, looking forward to trying these.

@imasickboy
Received my package today. Thank you, looking forward to trying these.

Glad they made the trip. Some iTrader feedback would be appreciated if you have a chance. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* All four are good, IMO, but the barleywine is something really special.

In other news, I received a package yesterday from a secondary trade that came out of this thread. Very happy, feedback left.

Has everyone involved received their packages?

I got mine!!! Nickbtag's Belgian Quad was killer!!! Ravens Roost is killer!!!! I cant wait to try the Dark Hollow!! Thanks Nickbtag, thanks Scturo!!!!!! I cant wait to do it again!!!

Agreed I found a place just today that just started doing crowlers and they have some amazeball sours on tap. Would love to share.

If anyone wants to do a side trade ever let me know, one already happened and I'm happy it did :)

My package is heading out tomorrow, I have kept the recipient updated.

It never fails when I setup a trade or shipment I never get it out when I intend. It doesn't help that the nearest UPS is 20 miles from here.

I will put a disclaimer when I trade stating it may take awhile, but I am good for it.

I received my shipment today, via USPS non the less.
Everything made it without issue.

I will get in on this again.

My package is heading out tomorrow, I have kept the recipient updated.

It never fails when I setup a trade or shipment I never get it out when I intend. It doesn't help that the nearest UPS is 20 miles from here.

I will put a disclaimer when I trade stating it may take awhile, but I am good for it.

I received my shipment today, via USPS non the less.
Everything made it without issue.

I will get in on this again.

I'm glad that everything made it safe. Hope you enjoy your prize, and the HBs. :)

Finally got a chance to get into one of these. This beer is different. I don't get much coffee... but it's damn good.

a5f1e128-a33e-4f65-ab29-7603f8354097_zpsg5qehait.jpg

119d4a88-1f80-4027-9155-2f494acee023_zpsku2r8pml.jpg

I'm going to save the Crusher for this weekend.

Thanks again @Thorrak!

I got mine!!! Nickbtag's Belgian Quad was killer!!! Ravens Roost is killer!!!! I cant wait to try the Dark Hollow!! Thanks Nickbtag, thanks Scturo!!!!!! I cant wait to do it again!!!

Thanks man! Super glad you enjoyed everything so far and I really appreciate the feedback. Parkway brewing (raven's roost) has only been open going on 2 years now but they are putting out some killer beers. I can't wait for the next go around of this. I'll definitely include more of there beers next time.

Finally got a chance to get into one of these. This beer is different. I don't get much coffee... but it's damn good.

Thanks again @Thorrak!

Sweet, that actually looks pretty juicy. :drunk:

Thanks again @Thorrak!

Glad you liked it! I had it on draft at the brewery when I picked it up, and felt the same - A good IPA, but not much coffee. Interestingly, the coffee notes began to come through once we tried one of the (warmer) cans at home -- not sure if it was the can or the serving temp that made the difference in this case.

In any case, glad everything made it there in once piece. Enjoy the Crusher :)

Interestingly, the coffee notes began to come through once we tried one of the (warmer) cans at home -- not sure if it was the can or the serving temp that made the difference in this case.

In any case, glad everything made it there in once piece. Enjoy the Crusher :)

I let it sit for about 30 minutes while I made a starter, and the coffee definitely came through more when it was a little warmer. The crusher is in my sights for the fights tonight.

I won't be opening anything I received until a bottle share on December 10th. And I'm pretty certain most ratings from that night, (except the first few), will be inaccurate. :tank:

I won't be opening anything I received until a bottle share on December 10th. And I'm pretty certain most ratings from that night, (except the first few), will be inaccurate. :tank:

That's the way it should be ;)

afro_lou on Untappd!
I try to check in to all my trades there.
Cheers!

Cheers! I got you on there, happy drinking!

Got my package earlier this week from gromitdj but was out of town so just got to open it last night. Super excited to try everything plus the extra HB! I must say, one of the best packaging jobs I've ever seen. Each bottle was vacuumed sealed to prevent leakage. Awesome idea! Thanks again! Can't wait for the next!

I see a couple of participants that still have a 0 for iTrader feedback. Could those of you that received from these guys please leave some feedback for them? It'll make it easier for them to be involved in future trades. Cheers!

I think a new thread should be started for Round 2. Makes it easier to follow and the Round 1 thread should be linked in the OP.

Scturo, I would have loved to have joined in but being somewhat new here I didn't feel it would be fair until I am able to add more to this community.

I just wanted to say thank you for this excellent idea. I'm a regular in a non-beer forum where we do have an ongoing beer appreciation thread (for around 5 years now). I took your idea to the guys there and we're about to do this very same beer share, but without the glassware. Hopefully it'll go as well as this one seems to have gone.

Maybe down the road I'll join in here if this continues.

Cheers!!

Scturo, I would have loved to have joined in but being somewhat new here I didn't feel it would be fair until I am able to add more to this community.

I just wanted to say thank you for this excellent idea. I'm a regular in a non-beer forum where we do have an ongoing beer appreciation thread (for around 5 years now). I took your idea to the guys there and we're about to do this very same beer share, but without the glassware. Hopefully it'll go as well as this one seems to have gone.

Maybe down the road I'll join in here if this continues.

Cheers!!

Thanks, I'm just glad that things have gone as smooth as they have so far. I think you are good to go, anytime you want to join us. Hope your other raffle goes well, Cheers!

I'd do this again.

Yeah, round 2!!!

I think a new thread should be started for Round 2. Makes it easier to follow and the Round 1 thread should be linked in the OP.

As long as round two is also linked here so I can be sure to find it.

It's hard to argue against this! As offered earlier in the thread, I'll help out and run this round.

Here is the timeline I'm leaning towards -- If anyone sees an issue with this, please let me know:

November 21st - Create thread for Round 2 (and link here, of course)
December 8th (Thursday) end-of-day - All photos & final submissions due
December 11th (Sunday) Morning - (Optional) Preference/pick list submitted
December 11th (Sunday) TBA - Drawing occurs

To make things a bit cleaner/easier/more fair, I'm recommending the following changes:
  • Each offering should be 2-4 cans or bottles of commercial beer, at least one of which would ideally be local
  • Each offering can additionally contain homebrew (optional)
  • During the raffle, a submitted picklist will be followed after 3 minutes unless you request otherwise
  • Each raffle pick must be submitted within 30 minutes or the pick rotates to the end of the queue

If anyone objects to any of these, please say something - ideally everything will be sorted before the new thread goes up!

I would like to be included in round 2 as well.

To make things a bit cleaner/easier/more fair, I'm recommending the following changes:
  • Each offering should be 2-4 cans or bottles of commercial beer, at least one of which would ideally be local
  • Each offering can additionally contain homebrew (optional)
  • During the raffle, a submitted picklist will be followed after 3 minutes unless you request otherwise
  • Each raffle pick must be submitted within 30 minutes or the pick rotates to the end of the queue

I like the changes. Would you remove the glassware component? That was one of the things I really enjoyed about the first run.

I like the ideas put forth so far. I would keep the glassware as well. It is a nice wrinkle and differentiates this from just a traditional beer swapping thread.

I'll be in for round two, I'll get my offer together closer to the date but I'm thinking it will be a crowler of a Grimm sour. I just found out I get % off shipping for being a member of American Chemical Society, FTW.

I'm in. I am relatively new to the forums though...so yea, hopefully I make the cut.

Requirements were posted on Page 1 or 2. Included post count and permission from one who is running the thread if you are newer to HBT and some other quirks

I read through the whole thread and didn't see anything stating specific posting requirements. I saw where they denied someone else the last time because he had just joined and only had 1 post, but no set requirements. Did I just miss it? :confused:

What are your requirements for participating in this?

Basically, just to be on the safe side it's "be an active participant in the community". Generally, that means have more than a certain number of posts over a certain stretch of time. Unfortunately, I don't think you're quite there yet, but perhaps in time for round 3!

I'll be in for round two, I'll get my offer together closer to the date but I'm thinking it will be a crowler of a Grimm sour. I just found out I get % off shipping for being a member of American Chemical Society, FTW.

Oh man, do I love me some Grimm ales.

Back