Fellowship of the Drink IX: Falling Down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The online ones I’ve joined are run by a coordinator, who picks the gift pairings. So if Thorrak’s app can do this, it would be perfect.

People who join would submit addresses and a list of gift likes. In our case it would be, but not limited to homebrewing stuff, Beer, and beer related stuff. No money limit was set.

The coordinator (app) would pair the players and notify each secret Santa who they have to send to, and give their list of l likes to the Secret Santa.

I would be for some beer stuff, and some non-beer stuff. These SS exchanges have always been fun.

@orionol73 your box will be out on Monday, floccin crazy week and just got done grading after proctoring the freshmans second exam.

@JayDog WOOOO BEER MAIL!!!! I'm super excited to try the green bench brews I really like what they put out!!! Cheers buddy and thanks for the extra beers they look mighty tasty

View attachment 1510378049106.jpg

I am going to choose @imasickboy for every round just for these packaging beer holders :ban:

Oh, and I know a good apple butter when I see one...jammed my finger in there to claim it.

Excited to try Troegs' brew.

What's the deets on the SICKBREW?

I am going to choose @imasickboy for every round just for these packaging beer holders :ban:

Oh, and I know a good apple butter when I see one...jammed my finger in there to claim it.

Excited to try Troegs' brew.

What's the deets on the SICKBREW?

The deets on that SickBrew is that it is a dangerously delicious coffee liqueur. I took a nap really early one Saturday cuz of that stuff, loved it.

The extra bottle is homemade Kahlua. Aged a little over 5 years, now. Roughly 20%ABV/40 proof. The apple butter was made by me two months ago. Eat it, or toss it in a gallon of mead, or a gallon of Belgian Strong Dark or Dubbel. Your choice.

And pretty much everyone has gotten one of those special boxes. I get them from work. They come in 4 packs, and 10 packs.

No, I work for a printing/marketing/signage company. The box you like so much comes to us filled with cans of ink for one of our six-color digital presses.

@orionol73 I loved the shipment. I really like the glass, and I'm happy to say that I don't think I've had any of the beers you sent. The glass would have been great for the Bohemian Pils that I, (sadly), just kicked last week. I guess I'll have to make another.

@orionol73 I loved the shipment. I really like the glass, and I'm happy to say that I don't think I've had any of the beers you sent. The glass would have been great for the Bohemian Pils that I, (sadly), just kicked last week. I guess I'll have to make another.

I take it everything made it safe! Glad you enjoy the contents, I tried to find things you probably had not seen! Drink that M-43 soon, they are starting to settle a little bit and you will find chunks on the bottom. Darn, and excuse to brew?!? :ban:

No, I work for a printing/marketing/signage company. The box you like so much comes to us filled with cans of ink for one of our six-color digital presses.

I sent one of these to @Thorrak. Hopefully there were no duds.

I sent one of these to @Thorrak. Hopefully there were no duds.

There were none! I had the experimental pale ale earlier and it was delicious. Meanwhile, my girlfriend has stolen the mason jar of coffee beans and has been raving about how delicious they are. I’m going to have to steal some back tomorrow. Out of curiousity, did you roast the beans yourself?

A4874639-069F-4D82-B977-10CE108F25A2.jpeg

There were none! I had the experimental pale ale earlier and it was delicious. Meanwhile, my girlfriend has stolen the mason jar of coffee beans and has been raving about how delicious they are. I’m going to have to steal some back tomorrow. Out of curiousity, did you roast the beans yourself?

Fantastic. I love CBC. Definitely my favorite all around brewery in town.

I did roast the coffee. It’s something new that I’ve picked up recently. I roast on a Behmor 1600+. I take down my kettle and roast on my brew table since I have the ventilation above it. I’m really enjoying freshly roasted coffee.

IMG_0501.jpg

@jimyson I bet most participants have received one of those boxes by now, as they've made their way around from person to person. Getting glassware to fit in them is iffy sometimes, which is my only complaint about them.

@jimyson I bet most participants have received one of those boxes by now, as they've made their way around from person to person. Getting glassware to fit in them is iffy sometimes, which is my only complaint about them.

This is true. Bottles scared the hell out of me too. But, I managed to load it up and get it there safely. The glass was definitely a concern and would have been the first to go.

I meant to post this a few weeks ago when it dropped on my porch but life was busy. The funny thing is, and I audibly laughed when I saw them, that the brilliant PVC pipe shippers have already been to my house once in March. This is the second time I've had them and they have traveled 11,023 miles since they left my house, a bit of google maps, that's 44% of the circumference of the earth. Just thought that was pretty cool. Well traveled packaging.

IMG_2115.JPG

I meant to post this a few weeks ago when it dropped on my porch but life was busy. The funny thing is, and I audibly laughed when I saw them, that the brilliant PVC pipe shippers have already been to my house once in March. This is the second time I've had them and they have traveled 11,023 miles since they left my house, a bit of google maps, that's 44% of the circumference of the earth. Just thought that was pretty cool. Well traveled packaging.

It's funny how each of those shipments is coast to coast and absolutely nothing in between.

I really liked it. Just the right amount of heat and a fantastic stout to pair it with.

Think about it, I’m not sure I would want to be the one to test how much CR to put in it.

I stayed away from this thread purposely until now, this sucks. You guys are having way to much fun. I need to move somewhere that has better beer selection.:(

On a plus note, I have made quite a bit of home brew lately that are coming out pretty darn good to my uneducated palette!! Looking forward to seeing you ALL in the next FotHB! :p

@jerbrew

I drank the hibiscus cider tonight. The nose has a nice funkiness that blends well with the cider aroma. Definite sourness to it. It smells like a Brett was put in there. Quite a combo of floral and fruit. Cherry or plum and apple?

It had very little appearance of carbonation and the color has a beautiful red hue to the copper background.

It has a bit of flatness to the tongue. The tart and funky play back and forth. The hot pockets and ham and cheese sandwich aren’t helping here. That funk is there. Raspberry Apple.

Very well done. I think a slight bit more carbonation would help. I should be packing you up a box of sours for trade.

Thanks for the tasting notes I appreciate that. There was definitely some brett in there. The tartness/funkiness was more pronounced after sitting in the bottle for a few weeks. I think it could have used some tannin to round it out but overall it was a pretty good batch. Cheers! :mug:

@jerbrew

I drank the hibiscus cider tonight. The nose has a nice funkiness that blends well with the cider aroma. Definite sourness to it. It smells like a Brett was put in there. Quite a combo of floral and fruit. Cherry or plum and apple?

It had very little appearance of carbonation and the color has a beautiful red hue to the copper background.

It has a bit of flatness to the tongue. The tart and funky play back and forth. The hot pockets and ham and cheese sandwich aren’t helping here. That funk is there. Raspberry Apple.

Very well done. I think a slight bit more carbonation would help. I should be packing you up a box of sours for trade.

Back