Quantcast

Fellowship of the Drink IX: Falling Down

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

imasickboy

Drinkasaurus extraordinarius
Reaction score
Fellowship of the Drink IX: Falling Down

Welcome to Round IX of the Fellowship of the Drink swap!

This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive.

Link to the previous Trades:
Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread
Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers
Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings
Fellowship of the Drink IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns
Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock
Fellowship of the Drink VI: All crying Samwise's will be flogged
Fellowship of the Drink VII: The Drinkers Awaken
Fellowship of the Drink VIII: The Battle of the Brewers

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Once you're confirmed as a participant, PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to something like beer advocate/ratebeer/untappd for each beer so that others can get an idea what they are.
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos.
4. On the day before the pick I'll use a randomizer to create a drawing order. I will post a time for each participant that you are "On the Clock" with 5min between participants.
5. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
6. On pick day show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules..
-Continental US residents only
-Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
-Maximum of 30 participants
-Participants must also meet 1 of the following 4 requirements:
1) A HBT member for 6 months and minimum of 2 iTrader rating. All trades must be 100% positive.
2) A HBT member for 6 months and 0 or 1 iTrader 100% positive rating, but trading experience verified by a qualified FotD participant.
3) A previous FotD participant.
4) Or just PM me with your personal trading experience, and bribery terms!
-The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Each offering should be at least 3-6 cans or bottles of commercial beer, preferably local to the sender, but please no more then 86oz total in offering.
- Each offering must also contain at least 1 non-beer item; glassware, stickers, coozies, etc of a local brewery.
- You additionally may also offer some homemade beverages with the commercial offerings (we all love trying homebrew).
- Whales are not required or expected. Most participants are very happy trying beers they may have never even known existed from small breweries local to you.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required however.

Offers from the first eight rounds:
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6 Part I
Round 6 Part II
Round 7
Round 8

Current Timeline
Monday, October 2 - Create thread for Round VIII
Friday, October 27 - All photos & final submissions due
Sunday, October 29 - List of offers posted. Order of picks revealed via random drawing by 10pm EST.
Saturday, November 4 - Pick day. 1st pick will be 2:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5min interval.

Let me know if you have any questions.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Going to brew some dank next week, whatever that means...should be interesting :)

Hope to have at least five varieties!

EDIT: Wrong thread, woooops

Scturo

Reaction score
We can always email pics to @imasickboy.

JayDog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How many people do we have. Are we sticking to the timeline? I don't want to pick up anything until I know we are set.

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Most of my official offer is together - but the theme for my offer this time is "everything but an IPA" - so I don't have to worry about hoppiness fading, regardless of timeline.

Scturo

Reaction score
My offer will be in on time. As usual a mix of SoCal brews.