Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My picture will be in to cegan later this night of my offer, I'm gunna try to make it look as nice as lou's last round ;)

Both of afro_lou's pics in the FOTD were awesome. He's definitely got skills.

I think I got everyone that asked for a spot today, please yell if I missed you though.

One slot left if I've done my job right.

1. cegan09
2. PatrickGoss
3. TBC
4. Relampago
5. MarkO22
6. jimyson
7. afro lou
8. JDXX1971
9. jerbrew
10. bigmike99
11. imasickboy
12. singybrue
13. RevKev
14. Scturo
15. gromitdj
16. EcuPirate07
17. nickfern
18. Thorrak
19. pointcity-homebrew
20. GaBrewZoo
21. badgerfan79
22. hopstupid
23. Vellum
24. skeezerpleezer

Guess that about does it then, we're full up. Can't wait to see all the offers.

1. cegan09
2. PatrickGoss
3. TBC
4. Relampago
5. MarkO22
6. jimyson
7. afro lou
8. JDXX1971
9. jerbrew
10. bigmike99
11. imasickboy
12. singybrue
13. RevKev
14. Scturo
15. gromitdj
16. EcuPirate07
17. nickfern
18. Thorrak
19. pointcity-homebrew
20. GaBrewZoo
21. badgerfan79
22. hopstupid
23. Vellum
24. skeezerpleezer
25. Nickbtag

Welcome back Nickbtag! :rockin:

Thanks man! Great to be back! Sad I missed out on last round. I kept up with thread and looked really awesome. Wife put a hold on the trading for a bit. Haha. Looking forward to this go around!

Thanks man! Great to be back! Sad I missed out on last round. I kept up with thread and looked really awesome. Wife put a hold on the trading for a bit. Haha. Looking forward to this go around!

Hey Nick, you do not hapen to know anyone over Virginia Beach way, do you?

My bro in law is in the Navy, made Chief last year. I hav ebeen trying to get some Goat Locker from Young Veterans, but have not found anyone to mule it for me.

My bro in law is in the Navy, made Chief last year. I hav ebeen trying to get some Goat Locker from Young Veterans, but have not found anyone to mule it for me.

I occasionally trade with a guy out of Chesapeake. Navy guy too. I can check and see if you'd like.

Count me in! Time to go shopping!

EDIT: oops, looks like it's full up now. Have fun guys, I'll try to get in next time.

Last edited:

I don't know anyone there directly off hand but I have a few close friends in Richmond and we take trips there regularly. I'll see if they can get there hands on any. Not sure how far out their distribution is but I'll ask around and check next time we are over that way.

Yeah, it sounds like a fun thing. Some interesting beers coming out soon if I can get my hands on them.

If you want in you can take my place this time. I had been thinking about getting in the last couple so finally pulled the trigger this time, but I also have a lot going on in the next couple weeks so not a big deal to me if you want it. I can always hop in next time. Just let me know

If you want in you can take my place this time. I had been thinking about getting in the last couple so finally pulled the trigger this time, but I also have a lot going on in the next couple weeks so not a big deal to me if you want it. I can always hop in next time. Just let me know

Yeah, if you don't mind. I'm not in a hurry either. Just thought it would be fun to do. I already have a couple of beers worth sharing.

I occasionally trade with a guy out of Chesapeake. Navy guy too. I can check and see if you'd like.

That would be awesome, I know they had the Goat Locker at the tap room a few weeks ago.

If he is able to make it to the tap room I was going to get a few other things, shirt and mug, in which I could PayPal him for those items.

Thanks Nick! I do not want anyone going out of their way. I have a guy that I have traded with that lives a few hours away from VA Beach, but again I am not looking to put anyone out

Yeah, if you don't mind. I'm not in a hurry either. Just thought it would be fun to do. I already have a couple of beers worth sharing.

So I should make the switch in the signups?

Sorry, I have to bail on this round.
My kitchen remodeling project is consuming all my spare time right now.

Off topic-

I am going to be heading up to Ashville here in the next few months, what breweries are recommended?

I already plan on Wicked Weed and Green Man, and most likely SN.

If you go to the wicked weed on cox avenue (the funkatorium) there are literally like 5 breweries you can throw a rock at. Twin leaf is across the street and is pretty awesome, their juicy fruit IPA is really good. Burial is a block away on the way to green man mansion, hi-wire is just a block up form WW. Catawba brewing is cool and it shares the same building as a BBQ place called buxton hall barbecue which is a must. They don't do reservations so put your name in and walk to the other side of the building and have some brews. Asheville brewing is a block from WW which is good too, also Bhramari brew house is a block from WW. Lol get the picture? Also the LaB (Lexington ave brewing) is awesome, it's on Lexington ave lol. Also you may have to uber but Highland Brewing Company is a really cool scene and they may still have some could mountain on tap which all the locals go googoo for. Another cool place to eat is the lobster trap they fly in fresh seafood every day. And a cool bottle shop called brusin ales is in downtown Asheville. Sierra Nevada is a must, that place is unreal. You can go online and schedule a brew tour now which is a must! Also Oskar blues is out in Brevard, NC which is a short 40min drive from Asheville and they will shuttle you to the brewery from certain places. I'm sure you could find it on their website. If you got any questions or need anything PM me and I'm more than happy to help. :mug:

Latest posts

Back