Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cegan09

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to Round III of the Fellowship of the Drink swap.

This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive. If you want to take a look at how the previous two operated the links are here:
Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread
Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers

So how does it work?
If you're interested in participating post in this thread. Once you're confirmed as a participant PM me a photo of you offering along with a link to it's page on something like beer advocate/ratebeer/etc. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos. On the drawing day I'll use a randomizer (swear that's a word) to create a random drawing order. Everyone will get a short period of time to then claim their desired offering in the order created.

Rules
And there must be rules. This is open to all active forum members of legal drinking age. The active requirement is meant to prevent someone not following through. I will make the final determination on "active" but the basic guidelines are you must have been a member for a few months with at least 50 posts

I would like to limit this to 25 participants which is a slight increase from Round II

Offer Guidelines
  • Each offering should be 2-4 cans or bottles of commercial beer, at least one of which would ideally be local to the participant
  • Each offering must also contain 1 piece of glassware
  • You may also offer some homebrew with the commercial offerings

Offers from the first two rounds
Round I
Round II

Current Timeline
January 9th - Create thread for Round 3
January 19 (Thursday) end-of-day - All photos & final submissions due
January 20th (Fri) - List of offers posted,
January 22nd (Sunday) Morning - (Optional) Preference/pick lists due if you don't know that you'll be around for the drawing
January 22nd (Sunday) TBA - Drawing occurs

Timeline subject to change, but i'll do my best to not mess with it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

The air was dark with the thoughts of empty space in the circle of brews. The king was thirsty for adventure again, long has it been since his fellows gathered their soldiers to send abroad. Alas the darkness has lifted!!! King Cegan has set the call to the wind. We must unite, us kings of our own kingdoms. Unite and gather our own soldiers to send off to meet their ends at the hands of thirsty kings. Only then shall our fellowship be intertwined across all far reaches of this land. Only then will ALL Kings know there is greatness throughout the Kingdoms of this land.

:tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank:

The air was dark with the thoughts of empty space in the circle of brews. The king was thirsty for adventure again, long has it been since his fellows gathered their soldiers to send abroad. Alas the darkness has lifted!!! King Cegan has set the call to the wind. We must unite, us kings of our own kingdoms. Unite and gather our own soldiers to send off to meet their ends at the hands of thirsty kings. Only then shall our fellowship be intertwined across all far reaches of this land. Only then will ALL Kings know there is greatness throughout the Kingdoms of this land.

:tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank::mug::tank:

D&D much?

Love it makes me feel like I'm doing something noble. :ban:

D&D much?

Love it makes me feel like I'm doing something noble. :ban:

Nope not at all, I am just really bored, been rained out of work (again).

I was trying to match the mood to the title. I do believe that it is a noble gesture sending each other these fine brews. I also pronounce that I am king of my kingdom and that........... Oh sh*! SWMBO........... :eek::eek:

:mug::mug::mug:

Just so y'all know my beer this time will be from Colorado. Been working out here so I'm barely in San Diego anymore. Anyways, in order to meet the timelines I have to buy and ship from here. Just didn't wanna make it seem like I'm sending random beer since this is supposed to be a regional type offering. This is my region this time I guess. Cheers.

Over half full already. Participant list:

1. cegan09
2. PatrickGoss
3. TBC
4. Relampago
5. MarkO22
6. jimyson
7. afro lou
8. JDXX1971
9. jerbrew
10. bigmike99
11. imasickboy
12. singybrue
13. RevKev
14. Scturo

Your a forum supporter, you can go into your account and under options and change your settings to have 40 posts per page if you didn't know that. You can get through threads quicker.

Geez, you really do learn something new every day. Thanks @TBC

I've never heard of that one before, but that stuff sounds delicious.

It is very good.
I have sent a few out to people... Pointcity hit me up for more! I sent one to TBC on FOTD II. I wonder if he has gotten to it yet.

I didn't realize I had one until I googled it and saw the can and after following the thread tonight during the game I figured I better have it next. It has a light apricot taste to go with the tartness. I could probably crush these ALL DAY LONG in the summer. Its one of the better sours that I've had.

IMG_0620.jpg

Last edited:
Are we over our limit already? I am in again if we are not.

Not yet. A few slots left.

1. cegan09
2. PatrickGoss
3. TBC
4. Relampago
5. MarkO22
6. jimyson
7. afro lou
8. JDXX1971
9. jerbrew
10. bigmike99
11. imasickboy
12. singybrue
13. RevKev
14. Scturo
15. gromitdj
16. EcuPirate07
17. nickfern
18. Thorrak
19. pointcity-homebrew
20. GaBrewZoo
21. badgerfan79

Well hell, I went beer shopping for this and got nothing for the FOD but did end up walking out with 2 prairie noirs and a pirate noir. Better luck tomorrow :D

Tomorrow is going to be a good day for beer distribution in Buffalo.. Hopslam, Grimm, Singlecut and a ton of new stuff overall. Ima try to get whatever I can

Back