FEAR the Waking Dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst. Episode. Ever.

Ha. Text at the end.

I'm really only watching at this point because it's a zombies show. Even a zombie isn't going to get up and walk when all the bones that make that possible, that make standing possible, are broken. I mean, that thing's whole leg was nearly snapped off.

This show is almost unwatchable. I'm just filling time until the other "almost unwatchable but I've watched for this long so I'm committed" show comes back on. But I watch a lot of bad TV, so....

Fiesta Hotel:

So we are on the ground floor in a hotel with glass doors. First, make sure we break up the group, because that always has positive results. Mom, be sure to show your concern by scowling slightly left of camera.
Next, let's get shnockered and bang on a piano. If we're going to party, may as well invite the locals right?
"My wife and I started singing "It's raining men" when all the zombies started going over the rails."

Meanwhile, at the Mexican version of Woodbury:

Alright so it's time to go grocery shopping. Hey white guy that I don't know, rub some blood on yourself and come to the local cartel run super market with me. BTW don't look at them wrong or they'll kill you. Oh yeah, before we go, I'd like it if you didn't talk to me, so be sure to talk the entire time.

Okay, but I'm going to steal some candy from the mean looking cartel guys you said would kill me for a bad look because of little girl and feelings and stuff. Then, I'm going to tell them about your medical supplies, we'll share some words, Mexican version of governor (my guess) will make idle threats, and then it's time for church.

The end...

Couldn't make it half way thru last night's episode. Show has been removed from TiVo's season pass.

Suppose a sharknado occurred in FTWD--and let's face it, that would make the show more watchable--and a shark bit off and swallowed a walker's head.

Would the head be able to chew it's way out of the shark before the shark's digestive acids disintegrated the head?

So much hate. The show lacks direction but it's not terrible. Had The Walking Dead never come out I think a lot more people would be into it.

So much hate. The show lacks direction but it's not terrible. Had The Walking Dead never come out I think a lot more people would be into it.

I agree. The Walking Dead has pretty much lost me with its Villain of the Season format/too much adherence to the comic book, what major character gets killed off next formula.

I am still watching FTWD to see what happens.

Both shows are a bit ridiculous, but who cares, they're zombie shows.

To be fair, I started watching TWD because I was already a big fan of the comics.

I'm way biased.

I don't know that I would watch either of these had I not already be hooked into TWD world.

Not having a vested interest in any of the characters in Fear makes it less palatable.

Not having a vested interest in any of the characters in Fear makes it less palatable.

Yeah, this show doesn't even compare to TWD in character investment. Not to say they are all bad characters though, but if Negan where to take a swing at any of FTWD characters I would be pretty meh.

Back