FEAR the Waking Dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where is this place with million dollar views and multi million dollar homes that's separated from the Pacific Ocean by concrete rubble and graffiti? So strange it must be true.

So where is this place with million dollar views and multi million dollar homes that's separated from the Pacific Ocean by concrete rubble and graffiti? So strange it must be true.

Looked like eroded cliffside to me, not rubble. And that wasn't graffiti, it was "art"!

I'd say that was on balance a darned cool episode. It had walker hordes, plenty of head shots, etc. And a second-tier character death. And Travis seems to finally have found a pair.

==================

So how did the suave, wealthy, ocean-front living Strand wind up in the same internment camp with all the middle-class suburbanites?

And what now, a zombie/dystopia/pirate show on the high seas? "Walker Island?" "Walker World?"

Thought it was a pretty good season all-in-all. Looking forward to see where they are going to take it next season. Looking even more forward to the return of TWD! Hopefully Crazy Rick makes his triumphant return.

May have said this before but I was hoping this season would be like 24 except with each episode representing one day from the outbreak. With the only government, police, public health response be towards the infected. Meanwhile the public either remains oblivious or is left to fend for themselves.

In the same fictional world where the dead come back to life.

:)

No. I spent last night researching on the web and today shared what I found.

But the water between them and the boat is infested with ZOMBIE JELLYFISH!

Lol. Kelp forest

You would think Strand (rich black guy) would have a zodiac or something to get out to the boat, but they will not make it that easy.

If we hadn't already been indoctrinated by the TWD, this version would be cancelled after a single failed season.

THIS!

Have been "hate-watching" after E1... so utterly bad written!
I am done with this after they will continue on the boat!

I don't care if all of the main characters just die in a grease fire. Only person I care for - and whos name I remember - is the SIDE KICK (!) Tobias who has disappeared from the Show.

well done, writers, well done!

The costume department must be smoking some serious stuff. Seems like they not only saved money on not doing any SFX or SFX make up, on keeping the locations confined spaces so it can all be shoot in a studio setting but although they did not consider spending money on decent writers, dramaturges / skript editors, editors in general... and btw. was there a director present when the main characters "performed"?

I am a huge TWD addict but I would not have watched any of this after the pilot if there wasn't TWD. I had high hopes and I waited until E2 to give them up.

Very, very disappointing and not worth my time....

wCLepEv.jpg

:D

For me, at least, they just squeaked in there.

My interested is just about piqued enough to give it the next season.

It could get really good, or it could have been a waste of my time. I'll never know if I don't give it one or two more episodes........I'm pretty sure I will know by then.

Strand's house is in Palos Verdes, California where I live. It is located above a place called Portugese Bend Beach Club. I drive by that house every day going to and from work. The graffitti/slabs area after that is in San Pedro which is next door to Palos Verdes. There used to be houses there, but the bluff gave way and they slid into the ocean.

Check out: https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7470384,-118.3521886,13z

Strand's house is in Palos Verdes, California where I live. It is located above a place called Portugese Bend Beach Club. I drive by that house every day going to and from work. The graffitti/slabs area after that is in San Pedro which is next door to Palos Verdes.]

Is walking from one to the other realistic?

This Show is just utterly terrible. I do not care for a single character in there, for all I care after - 7 Episodes (!) - they can slowly die in a grease fire.

Nick (herion addict) is a great character, nice arc developing. I agree though, this show struggled several times last season and this episode wasn't anything great. I like it though

Nick (herion addict) is a great character, nice arc developing.

I also really like this character/actor. Reminds me of a young Johnny Depp. The mom is a good character too now that she's come around to the idea of "it's us or them" type survival mentality. I figured the Travis character would have come around to that as well after having to shoot his ex-wife in the head last season but he has yet to do so in my opinion.

I like the angle they are taking with this and feel that Strand actually has some kind of evil plan that he's not telling anyone about. I just found it really funny that at the end of the last episode, it is daylight and they are out on the beach and everything is cool then at the beginning of this season it's suddenly night and everything has turned to sh*t. Seemed kinda quick for everything to fall apart.

why is everybody comparing Nick to Johnny Depp? I do not see any - whatsoever - possible comparison. This whole show is so pointless. The only really interesting Character (Tobias) was merely a side kick. Nobody behaves like people who DO NOT KNOW TWD would behave... no one! They sort of imply TWD without really implying it. maybe writers should have been hired who do not know anything whatsoever about TWD, so they could have written a reasonable story line... Since Kirkman is behind this, he obv. lacks the ability to "free his mind" from his former success with TWD.

This show MUST be written, as if there was no Zombie movie/comic/book anything like that ever out there to make it plausible...

complete and utter failure, let alone the strange casting decisions.

I was only watching to relieve me from "cold turkey" until TWD continues.

Will start catching up on GOT instead.

2w3c2zbs.jpg

No....
Johnny Depp has a chin
different nose, eyes, eyebrows, jarline... everything... okay, they both have brown hair...

haters-16.jpg

I think there are some compelling characters and like the way they are showing the characters slowly realizing how truly screwed they are.

The Ruben Blades character is very good.

2w3c2zbs.jpg

No....

Johnny Depp has a chin

different nose, eyes, eyebrows, jarline... everything... okay, they both have brown hair...

He does a great job looking an acting like an addict. Spoiler.....he's a Brit, too. I like most of these characters just think the lets go swimming idea was stupid!!!! So how does that port. VHF radio work without an antenna?

I will probably end up watching because the two best shows on television ended (SOA, Justified), but it's kills me with the pu**ification of the cast. The wife has the biggest brains/balls of them all, aside from the Latin store guy. (forgive me as I forgot names)

Strand is like an advanced-stage Rick, he doesn't even pretend to lead by consensus. I predict the Reuben Blades character will plot a coup.

Alicia and the radio, Chris and the swim...nick the druggie is the only kid with any sense.

After this season of BCS ends, FTWD is the only thing left to tide me over until TWD...WTF! GTFO!!

Is Fear the waking dead anything like Fear the walking dead?

Seems like the former would be a bit slower because still sleepy but somewhat more intense because groggy too.

I will probably end up watching because the two best shows on television ended (SOA, Justified), but it's kills me with the pu**ification of the cast. The wife has the biggest brains/balls of them all, aside from the Latin store guy. (forgive me as I forgot names)

Forgetting names only happens, if Characters are so meaningless, the brain doesn't bother to remember anything they do other than the totally stupid, utterly ignorant stuff they do...

I finally caught up with my DVR. I really dislike that that they immediately had to jump into 'maybe there are predatory non-zombie hoomans out there causing trouble, uh oh!' We could have taken a leisurely episode to settle on the boat, get reacquainted (I could not remember anyone's name without being prompted) and maybe let them talk a bit about how things are going and where they want to go.

The girl with the radio had me yelling at the TV in frustration that I didn't give a crap about her particular brand of pathos.

Why anyone would kiss an infected corpse on their bullet wound is beyond me.... and then to go for a churlish, teen-angst-fueled swim was also asinine.

I wanted to love this show, but so far my feeling is just 'meh'.

I finally caught up with my DVR. I really dislike that that they immediately had to jump into 'maybe there are predatory non-zombie hoomans out there causing trouble, uh oh!' We could have taken a leisurely episode to settle on the boat, get reacquainted (I could not remember anyone's name without being prompted) and maybe let them talk a bit about how things are going and where they want to go.

I still can't remember the names...Travis, Strand, the mom, the old Hispanic guy, the junkie kid, the angsty other kid, the hot but obnoxiously pouty daughter, the other daughter who had no role except a couple passing shots looking concerned.

Wait, Wut? There are two daughters on the ship? Could've fooled me. I really needed a reintroduction this week.

I am remembering that correctly, right? The old Hispanic guy's daughter didn't get killed off last season, did she?

I'm fairly sure she was in the background of this episode, but I don't think they gave her a single line.

I am remembering that correctly, right? The old Hispanic guy's daughter didn't get killed off last season, did she?

I'm fairly sure she was in the background of this episode, but I don't think they gave her a single line.

She was the one that the junkie offered to help dress her wound...

Back