Favorite Commercial Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With over 70 breweries within lunch distance, picking one can be a problem. Most of them are strictly local. Widmer is one exception, Ron brought an all-Summit IPA to an Oregon Brew Crew meeting a couple months ago that really hit the spot.

Best AMA: Three Floyd's Alpha King, BBC's AMA
Best Irish Stout: Murphy's
Best Cider: Strongbow
Best Lager: Great Lake's Dortmunder
Best IPA: Bell's Two-hearted
Best cheap beer: Anything Yuengling
Best mass-produced lager: MGD
Best Barrel Stout: BBC's Bourbon Barrel Stout (Franklin's Reserve)
Best Pilsner: Pilsner Urquell
Best Belgium Ale: New Belgium Fat Tire
Best Amber Lager: Abita Amber
Best Helles Doppelbock: Abita Andygator

I'll add more later...but all of these are under $12 for a 6 pack except for the Andygator

Bert Grants Perfect Porter.

Bert Grant died though and the people that took over the brewery ran it into the ground and is not made anymore :( This was also the first beer I had where I sat back and said "damn that is good beer"

I'm prepared to get booed here.

I tried Budweiser Ale yesterday and honestly it's not all that bad. I think it has a nice balances between malt and hops meaning it wasn't overly malty or overly hoppy. My only complaint is that it just wasn't full enough. I'm not a pro on beer tasting but it did taste a bit watered down, but that might just be the water where it was brewed.

Anyway, I was somewhat surprised, probably but it if I am in the mood but that is about it.

Feel free to boo!

That American Ale wasn't bad but there sure wasn't an abundance of hops. I can get better beer for the price without supporting BMC.

With over 70 breweries within lunch distance, picking one can be a problem.

Did I mention I hate you? :mug: I have my sister send me beer occasionally from Oregon. I have taken a liking to Port Brewing because of it.

It is a battle to get decent beer here. Typically I make a pilgrimage to Austin and stock up...

I'm living it up here in Eugene, OR, but have to move to L.A. this summer. Leaving Beervana is going to be very tough, but I'll probably lose a few pounds and save a few bucks.

I like Dogfish Head 60 minute continuous hopped.

+1

I read the story about the first time they made the beer. They used one of those electronic football games that vibrates and put it over the kettle and as it vibrated it constantly added hops.

Latest posts

Back