Fat Tire Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borntobrew

Reaction score
Yooper Chick,

Thanks for the recipe. I love the fat tire style and would like to make this my next batch. Have you brewed this before? How did it turn out?

Also, I hate sounding stupid but what is a "session beer"?

It's pretty good, if you like Fat Tire. I'm not a huge fan, but some of my friends are, and my husband loves it. He says he likes my clone better, because it's fresher. I've made it a couple of times as an extract (the recipe in the database) and once as an AG.
A "session" beer is a beer that you can sit and drink a few of at a time because it's fairly low in alcohol and easyl drinking.

YooperChick,

I have looked over you Fat Tire recipes and other posts, I think I am going to do the all grain but buy the kit from AHS. Your hop schedule is based on what they sent with the extract kit , correct? Is it safe to assume it will be the same for the all grain? Do they send whole oz. bags of hops? I ask because I am don't want the extra hops to the waste, I am making an oatmeal stout to use the hand-me-down yeast (Nottingham) from the Fat Tire. Since I will only want bittering with the stout I want to use the .75 oz of Willamette if they send 1 oz.

I think that's right- they did send 1 ounce bags of hops and so I froze the remainder. I would guess the all-grain kit would be the same as the extract as far as hops schedule, but I don't know that for sure. It's a nice beer- my husband loves it.

Back