FastFerment DIY Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jleiii

Reaction score
With the FastFerment shipping date just a week away, lets hear some of the DIY Ideas you've been thinking about.

The first thing I want to do is to add a glycol chiller tube inside. Not sure what tubing I'll be using yet, so any suggestions are welcome. Beyond that I've got nothing else in mind, so far.

What are you going to do with yours?

I think Stainless is the only way to go for glycol chilling.

I haven't got one yet, but I hope the wife remembers how much I wanted one when I saw the discount price and buys me one for Xmas. I probably won't mod it too much. Except to fit it in the ferm chamber.

Nobody plans to make any DIY projects around their FastFerment vessel :confused:
I was hoping for some cool ideas, not that I need any more beer projects ...

What about new brewing process ideas then?

I am expecting to use mine exclusively as a primary, and rack off to secondary carboys which will fit in my fermentation cabinet. It won't fit in the cabinet, so I'm hoping to mount it on the side above my glycol chiller. This will give me the ability to pump from BK to primary, then gravity drain to the secondary directly in the chambers and avoid having to lift a full batch of beer more than once (when it's time to bottle) assuming I can mount it high enough to drain into the upper chambers. My shoulders are not so good anymore.

making a fermentation chamber and a mount with wheels. my basement is always cool, so just gonna get the stc-1000 with the single port to run a heater.

My first FastFerment DIY project.

Next; A fermentation chamber big enough to hold two of these. Stay tuned... :D

FF Stand.jpg

My first FastFerment DIY project.

Next; A fermentation chamber big enough to hold two of these. Stay tuned... :D

Nice.

Mine arrived today! But, no time to play, so sad... It looks like it will mount nicely on the side of my chamber, above my glycol cooler, I'll make a removable 'box' to enclose it, and install a coil for cooling.

I new stand is my first plan. I am hoping it will fit in my existing chamber if I remove the yeast collection ball (I assume it will be perfectly sealed without it). I was actually thinking a cleverly measured base, of ring that will hold it with the collection ball and flip it over to hold it without.

I'll be welding a stand once house renovations are done.

On another note; maybe we could make the stand and paint the fermenter to look like the space ship in the Men in Black movie :D Who knew space travel was possible in a conical fermenter!

MiB2_spaceship.png

On another note; maybe we could make the stand and paint the fermenter to look like the space ship in the Men in Black movie :D Who knew space travel was possible in a conical fermenter!

MiB2_spaceship.png

How about the name: Sputnik Brewery?

I know this is an old thread and I am sorry if it is improper to bring up an old topic but I was wondering if anyone has made any improvements to the FastFerment?

I was thinking about adding a sampling spigot by using a bottling spigot from a bottling bucket. I am not sure if it will seal though with the curvature. Any thoughts on this? Any other improvements?

I know this is an old thread and I am sorry if it is improper to bring up an old topic but I was wondering if anyone has made any improvements to the FastFerment?

I was thinking about adding a sampling spigot by using a bottling spigot from a bottling bucket. I am not sure if it will seal though with the curvature. Any thoughts on this? Any other improvements?
I recently installed a spigot meant for the catalyst fermenter. I read a lot of reviews saying the plastic spigots break too easily. I drilled the hole right around the 1/2 gallon mark and so far I've had no leaks.

I also installed a ball lock on a spare lid and use it to do pressurized transfers (only really need 1-2 PSI).

I'm planning on getting a SS coil from stainless brewing and installing that on another lid for cooling.

Back