Farmhouse Brewing Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed my present order and came home two days later and had a message on my answering machine apologizing that they sold out a yeast I had ordered. The message asking how I wanted to deal with it. I called and discussed my options and decided to split the order into two parts. I needed some other yeast sooner so I had them ship that separately. It arrived a few days later. The rest is due tomorrow. Excellent service. They are my first go to for grains and hops. If they don't have what I am looking for, then I start looking elsewhere. I like that they are adding more product all the time and will continue to order from them.

I placed an order Sunday night after too much football and too much homebrew. In the morning I realized that I ordered the wrong malt. I sent an email asking to correct my order (drop a lb of one type and add 12 oz of another). I got a quick reply of "Got it!".

My order showed up today, exactly as I meant to order it originally.:rockin:

Great service, good prices and reasonable shipping.

This is my second time ordering from them and they have now become my online go-to.

If you haven't used them yet, give them a shot

Has anyone on here ever ordered rhizomes from them? They were the only place I could find Cascade, Nugget, Columbus, Magnum, Chinook and Glacier all in the same place. I got 2 of each and they were reasonably priced ($4/Rhizome) and I wanted 12, but didn't want to drop $100+ ordering full crowns and/or ordering from 4 different sources. I don't imagine they won't work, they seem like a large legit company, I just can't seem to find any stories out there of them.

Has anyone on here ever ordered rhizomes from them? They were the only place I could find Cascade, Nugget, Columbus, Magnum, Chinook and Glacier all in the same place. I got 2 of each and they were reasonably priced ($4/Rhizome) and I wanted 12, but didn't want to drop $100+ ordering full crowns and/or ordering from 4 different sources. I don't imagine they won't work, they seem like a large legit company, I just can't seem to find any stories out there of them.

Yes I have and they grew quite well. I will be ordering them from Farmhouse again.

Just tossing another "satisfied" out there. Their attention to hop packaging and order packaging is fantastic. I'd love to see a little broader grain selection, but I mostly use them for the hops. Keep it up!

Just tossing another "satisfied" out there. Their attention to hop packaging and order packaging is fantastic. I'd love to see a little broader grain selection, but I mostly use them for the hops. Keep it up!

What Grains are you looking for? We are planning to add another 10-12 grains in the near future.
John

Just ordered 4 4oz packages of hops from farmhouse brewing supply. The order was shipped promptly and received quickly. I like the packaging and intend to make these guys my go to for bulk hop orders.

I just got my first order from them today. I picked Farmhouse over a couple of other vendors I was looking at because their shipping charges are reasonable.

They used starch packing peanuts instead of Styrofoam. I am really tempted to throw them into the mash kettle. Waste not, want not...

Been extremely happy with everything I've ordered from Farmhouse. They are my go-to for hops (especially after being let down by another hop vendor) and I've recently started ordering some grain from them as well.

They are my new online homebrew store. Fast shipping and great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Another shout out to Farmhouse, I bought a pound of Amarillo from them two weeks ago, the prices were great, shipping fast, and most importantly, the hops were outstanding - fresh, fragrant, the aroma just burst from them. Also, I called John a couple of days ago about a Hop School our homebrew club is doing and he had some really great ideas.

ordered some hops from them and it was a step up from the LHBS and a few other places, but not the best hops ive ever used (but that can vary so much with harvest, season, etc..)
i really appreciated their selection for brewing hardware (i just got a few odds and ends for my kegging/bottling) and pricing/sales. shipping was quick and pretty standard cost.

Love FarmhouseBrewingSupply, I have a hop addiction that they fill nicely.

Need to come up with some recipes for my recent buys...
EXP 6297 8/oz - Notes of candied grape, orange and vanilla cream.
EXP 9326 8/oz - Cascade-like with grapefruit, tropical and strong berry aromas
Empire 4/oz - Reminiscent of Cluster, but with overtones of plum, fig, cucumber, and mild wood.
Cashmere 8/oz - strong melon, lemon and lime profile. Slightly spicy with hints of fruit
Zythos 4/oz - distinct tangerine, citrus, floral, pine and grapefruit tones. -
Kazbek - Flavor and aroma hop that lend itself to a Citrusy profile

Not sure I will be ordering from Farmhouse again.

I received a gift certificate (at my request) for Christmas because of all of the great reviews I had seen on HBT and the prices looked great.

I put together an order and tried to check out on a Saturday morning but the website would not place my order even though it was a $0 balance after applying the gift certificate. The company website says they are open till 2 on Saturday's so I give them a call and no answer. I try again a bit later and the phone is answered and I am told there is no one in the shop now and the order wouldn't be shipped until Monday at that point anyway and was asked to email with my order so it could be taken care of.

I did not hear anything back on my email until Tuesday morning and was told the items were being shipped. Come Thursday, I still did not have an order or shipping confirmation so I emailed back and asked for that. No response until Friday when the shipping confirmation came through with a stated Monday delivery. I was planning a Sunday brew day, hence ordering the previous Saturday.

Monday comes around and the product shows up. I open the box to find I was sent 1# of grain that I ordered 3# of and the rest of the products as ordered. I sent an email immediately with a pic confirming what was shipped and it was 36 hours before a response.

In fairness to Farmhouse, they will be sending me the missing grains. The hops and grains that were delivered all appear to be of great quality and the pricing was great. The customer service was the issue with this one.

Unfortunately, I will probably be using the rest of this certificate and moving on from this company.

Huge shout out to Farmhouse today! I called yesterday (4/11/2017) to inquire on inventory for Fuggles hops. They didn't have any in stock and no eta. I didnt ask for a call back and didn't even leave my number, but John called back later the same day and said he got some in. I had already placed an online order with Farmhouse for some other hops but John was able to find my order, add the Fuggles to that order and get it all shipped that day. The hops arrived today (4/12).
John also knows his hops very well. I talked for quite a while on US vs UK Fuggles and other nobble hops, and on his bittering hop preference.

Thanks Farmhouse!

Chris

Same here. Good prices on hops, they come vacuum-packed, and shipped quickly. If I need hops right away, my LHBS is just down the street, but if I plan ahead, Farmhouse is my go-to for stocking up.

Still my first stop when ordering online. My last order arrived last week. I love the 4 ounce packs of hops. Perfect size for me for most of the hops I use. I don't need a pound and prefer not to have 4 one ounce packs sitting in my freezer.

What in the world has happened to farmhouse?
Are the free shipping mega-suppliers about to run them out of business?

Over the past year, i've had to start emailing them after a few days as a reminder to ship my order, but the last few orders just seem to fall into the abyss. Reminder emails do no good. They used to be the best supply shop out there, but now I'm not sure I can trust them anymore, especially if i've planned a brew day.

I haven't ordered anything over the summer, so I will have to see. I had no problems at all in the past and the one in February was shipped the next day.

My last order (June 4 this year) from them was several 4oz pkgs of hops, and they came right away.

My last order (June 4 this year) from them was several 4oz pkgs of hops, and they came right away.

Thats good to hear. Early this summer was the first time I started experiencing shipping delays. But even then, I'd just send them a nice email with the order confirmation asking when they thought it would ship, and they'd immediately ship it out, usually with quicker service than i'd paid for. But the last few months have been pretty bad delays with no response to the emails. I've had to re-schedule several brew days because ingredients didnt come.

Monday (early morning) I ordered some yeast and it still hasnt shipped, but they charged my card monday.

Thats good to hear. Early this summer was the first time I started experiencing shipping delays. But even then, I'd just send them a nice email with the order confirmation asking when they thought it would ship, and they'd immediately ship it out, usually with quicker service than i'd paid for. But the last few months have been pretty bad delays with no response to the emails. I've had to re-schedule several brew days because ingredients didnt come.

Monday (early morning) I ordered some yeast and it still hasnt shipped, but they charged my card monday.

Wanted to report back that the order never shipped and I requested a refund. John (Farmhouse) refunded my money, apologized, and offered me 10% off my next order.

Received order from them yesterday. No change in service quality as far as I can tell. Same good vendor they have always been as far as I'm concerned.

Back