Fantasy Baseball 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Its not over yet.

I'm just frustrated I lost the first week..should have made my moves a week earlier....next week against the Goose Boners is gonna be nasty! Looking forward to that matchup as well.

By the way, I am more happy that the dodgers are on a 5 game win streak!

Glad to see they're starting to play like they can. Rough start for the Dodgers.

The Mets, on the other hand, are just flat-out awful. Downright apathetic. They had a 9 game winning streak sandwiched between two slices of BS play.

Apparently, they're putting Jose Reyes back into the leadoff spot finally. Why they thought he'd flourish in the 3-hole is beyond me.

Just an FYI; Never be looking forward to anything involving "goose boning" :) lol

My mom gave me that same advice. I tested her theory once when I chased a goose on foot. Mofo shat while running and it landed on my overcoat. I'll never do that again.

My mom gave me that same advice. I tested her theory once when I chased a goose on foot. Mofo shat while running and it landed on my overcoat. I'll never do that again.
Now just think what could have happen IF you had caught it lol:drunk:
So you couldn't take down The LaLa landers huh? I'm just a game behind now :)
BUT. Lipstick city is my next destination;) we'll see how well the stars align for me then:mug: go luck to ya my west coast friend. Care to make a friendly side wager? ;)
EDIT: of course I do not mean a $ wager, i was thinking more along the lines of a certain beverage :)

BUT. Lipstick city is my next destination;) we'll see how well the stars align for me then:mug: go luck to ya my west coast friend. Care to make a friendly side wager? ;)
EDIT: of course I do not mean a $ wager, i was thinking more along the lines of a certain beverage :)

Now we're talking!!

i'm just spitballing this of course, but if lipstick city's guv will agree to it, i propose this:
the loser of this matchup send the other a 6 pack of beer. 3 of the beers must be home brew, 3 must be from a brewery within 100 miles of your place of residence. you game MMTG? :mug:

Oh, so you want to sweeten the pot? It's gonna take ALOT more than 350 points to beat me mr goose boner..... I'd be more than glad to wager a few Bombers of West coast brews to your, Uh, Appalacian brews! hahaha

Hopefully, Ethiers' broken pinky finger doesn't require a rip to the DL...

Oh, so you want to sweeten the pot? It's gonna take ALOT more than 350 points to beat me mr goose boner..... I'd be more than glad to wager a few Bombers of West coast brews to your, Uh, Appalacian brews! hahaha

Hopefully, Ethiers' broken pinky finger doesn't require a rip to the DL...
hey, its not about the points. The W! hello?!? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME lol. 1 thing though, our state has laws against containers over 14oz :( so no bombers

Joe: MAN thanks to mcgehee the sluggers inched by and robbed the furies of their first win...sniffle I feel bad for them(dont think Ill be the one to volunteer to give them the first win though lol). I havent been on this and it makes sense why I was wondering why people werent talking trash on the league page. I would have to agree the byes are frustrating but Unless your like me and have 4 bye weeks...I wouldnt open your mouth, remember thats a half a game behind Ill slip each time, 2 games total. Gotta try and make those up, maybe ricky romero will have another shut out or two and add to his 59 k's, or phil hughs will ***** slap the tigers, maybe another little leake out duel wainright or kershaw will out duel umbaldo? lol as long as he doesnt pull another 1.1 innings like he did against the brewers, I thought that would do me in against the sluggers for sure. Im done now lol, but i was hoping I would win at least one high attenuation award should keep me steaming for my #2/4 bye next week.

Fyi good cueto grab: john, and poor Latos drop: michael...tisk tisk after a game like that? Ray: no offense but in competitive spirit...I hope he doesnt repeat and goes into a HR throwing slump lol so I can pick him up later lol jk, kinda

Lastly Ill just say, thank God for Cliff Lee's return, I aso look forward to liriano returning to his special K status, hopefully hill start pulling some ground balls to go with those K's.

In case no one reads that trading block I am interested in Strausburg and want to trade the SS point leader A. Gonz and/or one of my catchers for someone. If ted lilly picks it up some also willing to trade him.

hey, its not about the points. The W! hello?!? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME lol. 1 thing though, our state has laws against containers over 14oz :( so no bombers

You're right, it's not about the points...its a bout the win(so good thing you weren't playing me this week)

No containers over 14 ozs? What God forsaken state do you call home? I guess you'll just have to "double up" on my bottle winnings next week!

i'm just spitballing this of course, but if lipstick city's guv will agree to it, i propose this:
the loser of this matchup send the other a 6 pack of beer. 3 of the beers must be home brew, 3 must be from a brewery within 100 miles of your place of residence. you game MMTG? :mug:

I don't bottle(We keg) but I'll be more than happy to accept your 6 pack wager.

id agree that the W's are important all 4 out of 10 starts the boners had although the 5 W's for 7 starts lipstick city had sure is a better winning percentage but after all its the points in the end.

Yes after dropping the cold Jason Bay they screwed over jose reyes so Bay could be more purposeful. Cant wait til he gets back to lead off and Bay flops again for the over priced tag he was/is.

What God forsaken state do you call home?
for legal issues it remains anon.:(

I don't bottle(We keg) but I'll be more than happy to accept your 6 pack wager.
Me too. But then I remembered that I had 2 really awesome beers. I was going to bottle to age them(IIPA, Imp. Stout). But, then I remembered I wasn't gonna lose so :mug:

Dan,

Being a Mets fan, I have grown accustomed to overhyped prospects fizzling when they hit the bigs. I had no idea prospects (Latos) can actually produce!!

I was incorrect earlier. My double bye-week starts next week. This week, I'm up against the 4-1 PEI Yankees. As a baseball fan, it kills me that his strategy of stocking up on all Yankees is paying off. Damn Yankees.

Good luck Adam. The Stout Troopers don't bow down. It should be a fun week.

Joe: MAN thanks to mcgehee the sluggers inched by and robbed the furies of their first win...sniffle I feel bad for them(dont think Ill be the one to volunteer to give them the first win though lol).

It was a close game. I credit the Nats' Scott Olsen for the win. I picked him up to get another start out of my pitching squad, and he piled on enough points to overcome Dan Haren's dismal performance on Sunday, which cost me about 10 points. This week should be interesting. I picked up Jeff Francis on a flyer after he pitched well in his first game since the 2008 season.

Does anyone need a 3B?

Im looking to move Aramis Ramirez. Im loaded at 1B and 3B so hes not finding much playing time on my roster. He's struggling early on, so you may be able buy low depending on how reasonable the offer is. Im looking for a OF or DH

Shoot me an offer! Don't be bashful

Man, is my pitching staff frustrating me this week. First, on Sunday, Dan Haren got beat up for negative points. Today, it's Pavano giving up 6 ER's and only 2 K's in 4 innings of pitching, both for negative points. I don;t mind taking the occasional L -- it happens, but when a pitcher is in negative numbers, it hurts to see them dragging down your batters.

I sure hope Bud Norris' new pitching mechanics work as well against the Dodgers tonight as they did against the Cards last Thursday. Grrr....

Oh, yeah, and then there's HanRam's beef with the coaching staff keeping him on the bench today as well. What a cock-up.

Man, is my pitching staff frustrating me this week. First, on Sunday, Dan Haren got beat up for negative points. Today, it's Pavano giving up 6 ER's and only 2 K's in 4 innings of pitching, both for negative points. I don;t mind taking the occasional L -- it happens, but when a pitcher is in negative numbers, it hurts to see them dragging down your batters.

I sure hope Bud Norris' new pitching mechanics work as well against the Dodgers tonight as they did against the Cards last Thursday. Grrr....

Oh, yeah, and then there's HanRam's beef with the coaching staff keeping him on the bench today as well. What a cock-up.

Meanwhile, my boy Price pitches 6 solid innings FTW. Oh and I have Santana going tonight as well. Don't fret though...my team is garbage and we find ways to lose; you should be fine

Yeah, Jiminez' rotation seems to have him pitching midweek for the most part. Things will even out if he and Francis can post up a couple of good games.

And since when did the Rockies have good pitching but so-so fielders? What a flip-flop!

I miss Andre Ethiers' bat in my lineup....

You know, when I traded him to you, at first I though I was probably making a big mistake. This week, it doesn't look like that big of a mistake. Once he's off the DL, we'll see. It sucks when your best players make the DL.

You know, when I traded him to you, at first I though I was probably making a big mistake. This week, it doesn't look like that big of a mistake. Once he's off the DL, we'll see. It sucks when your best players make the DL.

I learned that lesson HARD a few years ago when Tom Brady went down in week one (or was it pre-season?).

Oh BTW...thanks to whoever dropped Adrian Gonzalez. Also, thanks to the rest of you for not noticing :D

Oh, trust me, you did make a big mistake! I have no problem waiting a few weeks for Ethier to heal up as I have 4 solid Outfielders(with the hot addition of Johnny Gnomes) Hopefully my pitching will be enough to carry me through the up coming "Ethierless" matchups...

Oh, trust me, you did make a big mistake! I have no problem waiting a few weeks for Ethier to heal up as I have 4 solid Outfielders(with the hot addition of Johnny Gnomes) Hopefully my pitching will be enough to carry me through the up coming "Ethierless" matchups...

LOL!! Johnny Gnomes!!!! I think it's Gomes. However, I'd be more likely to root for the guys if his name was Johnny Gnomes. Johnny Gomes sounds like he should be in a police lineup somewhere, not a batting lineup.

LOL!! Johnny Gnomes!!!! I think it's Gomes. However, I'd be more likely to root for the guys if his name was Johnny Gnomes. Johnny Gomes sounds like he should be in a police lineup somewhere, not a batting lineup.

It is Johnny Gomes,haha!

Oh BTW...thanks to whoever dropped Adrian Gonzalez. Also, thanks to the rest of you for not noticing :D

That was me. At the time, he was having shoulder problems and there was some trade talk. It's all good, though. Billy Butler's pulling his weight at 1B for me.

Inter league play begins today...this should be interesting,lol. Can't wait for the bronx bombers to come to "Lipstick City" I have field level seats,6 rows behind home plate :)

Inter league play begins today...this should be interesting,lol. Can't wait for the bronx bombers to come to "Lipstick City" I have field level seats,6 rows behind home plate :)
stick it to the pinstripes IRL! fantasy isnt usually a big deal to me, but the sox need to pull their act together asap :)
Brad penny is a big fat POS! hahaha.
if ya ask me, he should have spent more time at the practice mound instead of watching all those games with AYCE dodger dogs;):p

DAMN!! That's awesome Othon. Enjoy! They took the first one from my Mets last night. Excellent pitchers duel between Javier Vasquez and Hisanori Takahashi. They scored two in the 7th on a throwing error by Alex Cora. The Mets got one back in the ninth against Rivera on two doubles by Bay and Davis. No surprise when David Wright grounded out with the tying run on 2nd to end the game.

Day-um. Jeremy's Perlicks took my sluggers to school this week, and my 418 point total so far won't move much, since my batting starts are all closed out and Pavano's pitching for me today. Good week, Jeremy. Your pitching was on fire.

Thanks man, the sun shines on even a dog's ass from time to time. Is 619 points good? I can't remember ;)

Sure does not hurt to have three of TB's starting rotation...

Question:

Why are some teams allowed to exceed their weekly batting and pitching limits? Is it carried over from previous weeks or something?

The team might go over the amount of games started for batting or pitching, but the points from any outing once they pass the limit don't count to their point totals for the week.

Back