Fantasy Baseball 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
athankyouverymuch.

If it makes you feel better, I have a team in another league that I'm 0-4 with.

I've let my HBT membership lapse for a few weeks while I get through some slimmer financial weeks (probably will renew within a week or so). If you need to reach me, here's my email: [email protected]

athankyouverymuch.

If it makes you feel better, I have a team in another league that I'm 0-4 with.

I've let my HBT membership lapse for a few weeks while I get through some slimmer financial weeks (probably will renew within a week or so). If you need to reach me, here's my email: [email protected]

And then there was one undefeated team....Stout troopers

hot tip: I just heard of some minor league pitcher who might be getting the call soon. I think his name was billy "rojo" johnson. you never know, he could end up being the anchor man on your team :rolleyes:

hot tip: I just heard of some minor league pitcher who might be getting the call soon. I think his name was billy "rojo" johnson. you never know, he could end up being the anchor man on your team :rolleyes:

Ah, Will Ferral...

Dodgers fixed U.Jimenizs' wagon yesterday!:ban:
you think he's gonna keep it up all season? I was reading this weekend about how he used to be on a 110 count, now he's throwing over, even got to 128 in april. also, if he DOES keep up the pace, does that put the idea of PED's into the conversation? Admittedly, i knew very little about Jimeniz until his no-no(I do rem hearing some buzz last year though)

I'd like to give some special recognition to Mr. FreeM80s. Not three weeks into picking up that team and putting it together with mostly guys from the scrap heap, the guy had the most points scored in the league this past week.

Nice job man!! That's impressive.

Im sorry, but this is dumb...we have an even amount of teams yet I have a bye every other week. Can we do something about this please?

I'd like to give some special recognition to Mr. FreeM80s. Not three weeks into picking up that team and putting it together with mostly guys from the scrap heap, the guy had the most points scored in the league this past week.

Nice job man!! That's impressive.
pssshhhhhawwwwwwwww you makin me blush :eek: BUT, while we're on the subject, I would like to take a little time to thank Jason Vargas, Neftali Feliz, my mom, Tim Lincecum's mother, etc...:rolleyes:

Im sorry, but this is dumb...we have an even amount of teams yet I have a bye every other week. Can we do something about this please?
The # of matchups is the deciding factor in they bye-schedule isn't it? besides, wouldnt you rather get them out of the way before the AS break?

I know one thing....byes should only happen in the playoffs for really high seeds and if, AND ONLY IF, there are an odd number of teams.

I know one thing....byes should only happen in the playoffs for really high seeds and if, AND ONLY IF, there are an odd number of teams.

I'm not sure how the BYE's were figured out, but it seems that they're not really needed(especially when the 2 BYE teams could be playing each other)
Not like we could change them now...wouldn't be fair

why wouldn't it be fair...as long as everyone has the same amount of byes? I think it's more unfair to have them. What if a team is really hot? they are basically penalized by not playing anyone in a particular week

why wouldn't it be fair...as long as everyone has the same amount of byes? I think it's more unfair to have them. What if a team is really hot? they are basically penalized by not playing anyone in a particular week

It wouldn't be fair to get rid of BYE's this far into the season because some teams(like mine) haven't had any BYE's...Also some teams have had more BYE'S than others, so that really wouldn't be fair, would it.

I understand that the BYE's are frustrating, I have my first BYE's BACK TO BACK. But that's just something I have to deal with. It's going to be a LONG season, I just try and not stress over the things I can't change and focus on the fun I'm having watching my favorite sport. Trust me, JohnnyO did a good job with this HBT league, and It'll be even better next year.

I'm pretty sure the byes were a result of this being a ten team league originally, then getting bumped to a twelve team league. Not sure why they didn't foresee that some leagues might do that and plan for it, but they didn't.

Yeah, it sucks, and I'm not looking forward to my bye weeks either. But it's not something we can change in-season and have it be a level playing field across the board. I wish I had caught it before the season started, but I assumed it would work out considering we had an even number of teams.

Before next season starts, I'll make sure the schedule is different.

Hey man, I really appreciate you running the league...sorry if seems like I'm complaining. That's not my intent.

Speaking of rules...can we make it illegal to have your opponent pitch a perfect game?

Hey man, I really appreciate you running the league...sorry if seems like I'm complaining. That's not my intent.

Speaking of rules...can we make it illegal to have your opponent pitch a perfect game?

No worries man. It bothers the hell out of me too. The baseball season is long enough, and having bye weeks in fantasy baseball make it that much longer.

Dodgers fixed U.Jimenizs' wagon yesterday!:ban:

Dunno if I'd call giving up one earned run in seven innings "Fixing his wagon", but it was enough to lose him the game. The guy's still money in my book, though.

you think he's gonna keep it up all season? I was reading this weekend about how he used to be on a 110 count, now he's throwing over, even got to 128 in april. also, if he DOES keep up the pace, does that put the idea of PED's into the conversation? Admittedly, i knew very little about Jimeniz until his no-no(I do rem hearing some buzz last year though)

I think he can keep up his low ERA and WHIP. Keeping up the wins will depend on (a) the Rox fixing their offense. and (b) the bullpen.

Last night's game started to show some promise on (a) with Brad Hawpe's bat starting to show up for the game and Giambi (playing at 1st for Helton) getting some hits to improve his basement-level batting average. As usual for the Rox, it comes down to the bullpen. Manny Corpas, who had been pitching well, gave up 4 runs in the 9th to end the game 9 - 5 Phillies.

Yeah, I'm from Denver. The cliffs notes version of this post is: Ubaldo's the real deal. No, you can't have him. Helton's bat is flaccid so far this season, and Tulo's still out, but not on the DL.

He missed a big chunk of the 2008 season with a bad quad strain. This one's on the other leg. Scuttlebutt says it's not so big a deal, but the rox will probably treat him with kid gloves for a few days.

Need a SS to replace Tulo? I'd consider a trade for Theriot. I'm looking for a good closer for my open RP slot.

Tulo said that he felt a "pop" in the same spot in his Quad(opposite of the one he hurt in the past)

The Dodgers are finally @ .500! I freaking hate Frank "McBroke" and the way he's running my beloved franchise...just needed to vent.

Looks like Brad Lidge is closer to the DL than he is to ever regaining his former glory as a closer....

that is, imo, the hardest thing to do in baseball. there are only like 3 in the HOF I think.

so, has anyone read this little gem yet: http://bengiemolina.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/05/espns_cheap_shot.html

I am pretty upset with SC right now:mad:

Great article! ESPN(IMO) is a freaking JOKE!!! It's turned into a male "soap opera" network...Nothing but brutal jokes, lame anchors and mass marketing. That's what happens hen you try to cram a days worth of sports into a 30 min sportscenter. They are biased towards "popular" teams and its very stale at best.

On the flip side, I do enjoy the 30 for 30 documentaries that have been very insightful.

Great article! ESPN(IMO) is a freaking JOKE!!! It's turned into a male "soap opera" network...Nothing but brutal jokes, lame anchors and mass marketing. That's what happens hen you try to cram a days worth of sports into a 30 min sportscenter. They are biased towards "popular" teams and its very stale at best.
I know, I remember when it was good(dan patrick). Mike and Mike is ok I guess, I love Woody Paige on ATH. My tv stays on ESPN all the time except when adult swim is on, but its more for ambient noise than anything else.

On the flip side, I do enjoy the 30 for 30 documentaries that have been very insightful.
Run Ricky Run was my favorite. The one about the basketball coach who ran guys to death was pretty cool too. I didnt watch the U or the one about the raiders, but I cant wait for the rest.

I know, I remember when it was good(dan patrick). Mike and Mike is ok I guess, I love Woody Paige on ATH. My tv stays on ESPN all the time except when adult swim is on, but its more for ambient noise than anything else.

Run Ricky Run was my favorite. The one about the basketball coach who ran guys to death was pretty cool too. I didnt watch the U or the one about the raiders, but I cant wait for the rest.

Around the Horn is good, But I l LOVE PTI. I'm watching right now

Around the Horn is good, But I l LOVE PTI. I'm watching right now
PTI is good when its Tony and Wilbon. and I guess sometimes when JA Adonde is on. But im not a bit fan of Bob ryan or That guy that filled in for Tony when he said that thing about Hannah Storm. Dan i think his name was? But yea, those guys have level headed debates much like my friends and I do about the same things. I am ashamed I forgot PTI :(

Lipstick City is treating me like a ginger kid, rather than the undefeated juggernaut that I've been. Jeez!!!

Nice play so far this week Othon. You promise your players some homebrew??

Lipstick City is treating me like a ginger kid, rather than the undefeated juggernaut that I've been. Jeez!!!

Nice play so far this week Othon. You promise your players some homebrew?
C'mon now, I've just been lucky the past month and this week is no different;)

Besides, you still have 2 days to outscore me, so I'm not celebrating just yet John!

Yeah, this one is going to sting even more that I have two bye weeks coming up. I'll be stewing on it for 14 days and 14 nights.

You will rue the day you crossed me. RUE!!!

Yeah, this one is going to sting even more that I have two bye weeks coming up. I'll be stewing on it for 14 days and 14 nights.

You will rue the day you crossed me. RUE!!!

Well, Its not over yet.

I'm just frustrated I lost the first week..should have made my moves a week earlier....next week against the Goose Boners is gonna be nasty! Looking forward to that matchup as well.

By the way, I am more happy that the dodgers are on a 5 game win streak!

Back