Fantasy Baseball 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't I put either of my 1`5day DL batters on the DL? I am allowed to do it with my pitchers, but not batters?

I really need to change this!

Why can't I put either of my 1`5day DL batters on the DL? I am allowed to do it with my pitchers, but not batters?

I really need to change this!

Thats wierd...do you have any other players on the "DL" I know you're allowed 2 DL spots...

I can see the empty DL spot sitting there; but that's not an option when I try to move the player there

Edit: I'm dumb...I just figured it out

Man, you guys really muscle up to play me don't you! 1-2 record but I have scored the most points and have the most scored against me.

Man, you guys really muscle up to play me don't you! 1-2 record but I have scored the most points and have the most scored against me.

Don't fret. Just some poor luck. You're obviously doing something right to be the top scorer.

I agree. I'll change it for next year. DH's are few/far between. I'd also like to get rid of the 1B/3B and 2B/SS.

Even better! All of us have infielders we could use as "Utility" instead of worrying about DH position....Could you add a Utility this year or do we have to wait for next year?

I wouldn't recommend getting rid of 1B/3B and 2B/SS unless you plan to add more hitter slots, scoring is still a little slanted towards pitchers.

Need all the offensive slots when can get.

Dumb question (or maybe not-so-dumb):

How is it we're 4 weeks into the season and I'm (5280 Sluggers) on my second bye week? Will this even out over the course of the season, or am I boned? It just seems weird.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just counted them up, and it looks like each team has 4 bye weeks. I guess I'm just paranoid that way. I'll just watch for fun this week and see how my ever-tweaking roster shapes up for simulated matchups.

Dumb question (or maybe not-so-dumb):

How is it we're 4 weeks into the season and I'm (5280 Sluggers) on my second bye week? Will this even out over the course of the season, or am I boned? It just seems weird.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just counted them up, and it looks like each team has 4 bye weeks. I guess I'm just paranoid that way. I'll just watch for fun this week and see how my ever-tweaking roster shapes up for simulated matchups.

Don't feel bad, I have my first 2 "BYEs" in back to back weeks...Thats either gonna be brutal or amazing for my team.

I don't think I want to make any in-season roster changes if I can avoid it. I don't even know if that's possible. It's something we can think about for next year though.

As for the bye-weeks, I honestly don't know why we have them. We have an even number of teams in the league, equally distributed amongst the divisions. Only think I can think of is that we expanded from 10 teams to 12. Maybe in that expansion, the site had a glitch with scheduling.

Again, that is something we can't change now, as it would give some unfair advantages and disadvantages.

Well, I wouldn't call it a mess. I would call it a learning experience. Hopefully, there will be enough interest to keep this thing going into the future. The Football guys have a long-running league here on HBT. Why shouldn't baseball be any different?

JohnnyO, I support not making position / roster depth changes during the season. Afterward, sure, we should look to see if things are balanced and tweak for the next season. However, until then, let's play with what we have.

My $.02 and all that.

I don't think I want to make any in-season roster changes if I can avoid it. I don't even know if that's possible. It's something we can think about for next year though.

As for the bye-weeks, I honestly don't know why we have them. We have an even number of teams in the league, equally distributed amongst the divisions. Only think I can think of is that we expanded from 10 teams to 12. Maybe in that expansion, the site had a glitch with scheduling.

Again, that is something we can't change now, as it would give some unfair advantages and disadvantages.

Johnny,
I don't think that the league is a "mess" at all. Nothing could ever perfect. It's week 4 of a LONG season. I was just just complaining out loud. Of course it wouldn't be fair to change the roster settings now...This league has been alot of fun so far-I'm sure next year will be even better! Thanks for putting this together.

so far today...four at bats, 4Ks...-4 points

way to go guys! :ban:[/QUO

don't worry to much. Baseball is a series of highs and lows. Ride the rollercoaster! I'd go freaking nuts if I let the Dodgers GM and Owners affect my mood.

Ouch.

I'd claim Jiminez was on my bench when he no-hit the Braves last weekend, but I'd be lying. :D

If you had jimenez on your bench, I'd have to boot you out of the lague on sheer principle.

lol.
Sorry, I'm downright giddy about the 1st place Mets win streak stretching to 8 against Philly tonight!! As a Mets fan, I know they are not this good, and this won't last, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

G'Night gents!

Great week of baseball behind us ! There's only two undefeated teams left PEI Yankees and NE Stout Troopers,Lucky for me I get to face them BACK TO BACK! It's gonna be interesting...

if one of my RP's is starting a game today and I do not want him to take up a start, do i have to move him to the bench or is it ok to just leave in the RP spot?

Great week of baseball behind us ! There's only two undefeated teams left PEI Yankees and NE Stout Troopers,Lucky for me I get to face them BACK TO BACK! It's gonna be interesting...

Hey!

SLUG is 2-0 with two byes. I call that undefeated.
:mad:
:(
:)
:ban:

Hey!

SLUG is 2-0 with two byes. I call that undefeated.
:mad:
:(
:)
:ban:

Sorry SLUG ! I forgot about you as I became fixated on the 4-0 records of PEI Yanks and NE Stout Troops :tank:

Hopefully my research will pay off...

untitled-6.jpg

LOL!!! That's awesome. You know there is some tech guy snickering at espn.

Latest posts

Back