Fantasy Baseball 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey ray, was watching the updates for the oswalt game on my phone, whe "ejected" popped up I was lost and floored, tell me how you really feel about the HP ump of that game, seemed like BS when I heard more.

Oswalt was arguing balls and strikes with the Blue...easiest way to get kicked out of a game. A couple of questionable called balls and Oswalt lost his cool. I wish the Dodgers would pick him up, but the owner is an freaking moron whose last name should be McBroke, Not mcCourt!

Oswalt will STAY in the NL and either be a Phillie or Brave...

yeah not many fighters look stunned and suprised when they knock a guy out but big boy russow looked like he got the best birthday present ever.
i know right? that little baby punch at the end killed it for me though. i was laughing so hard. I get not trying to hurt a guy, but damn...

hey ray, was watching the updates for the oswalt game on my phone, whe "ejected" popped up I was lost and floored, tell me how you really feel about the HP ump of that game, seemed like BS when I heard more.
didn't get a chance to see it, I'll probably catch it later on SC tonight though

the only ones I shouldnt have dropped are jason bay and michael young which m80s has
NEST hes Bay now:mug:

Just remember that half those "#1" picks were not that lucky of picks and were dropped like joe nathan, ted lilly, michael bourne, or are dl boys like huston street. I have 8 of my original drafted 21, the only ones I shouldnt have dropped are jason bay and michael young which m80s has and will most likely bring me my second loss. I picked up guys like romero, phil hughes, and mike leake of the FA. It was a snake draft so subsequent is not the right word and 12 would be the amount of #1 picks, but whose counting lol. I cant wait til next year I learned a valuable lesson for my first year of FBB, dont let espn auto pick no matter how much beer there is to drink at a st patricks festival. :ban:

I was just telling someone not three hours ago how much I want to kick myself for dropping Hughes. I had drafted him as a reliever, and didn't realize he was this good. I grouped him in with the Ian Kennedy's of the world and thought having a pitcher in the new Yankees stadium was a bad idea.

Hey Ray:

Trade offer accepted. I think Lincecum's just in a slump the last couple of starts, and Bucholz is a decent swap. How about I don't start Lincecum against you in our next matchup, and you hold off on Bucholz?

Hey Ray:

Trade offer accepted. I think Lincecum's just in a slump the last couple of starts, and Bucholz is a decent swap. How about I don't start Lincecum against you in our next matchup, and you hold off on Bucholz?

Thats sooooooo weak! Play your pitchers,haha!

Hey Ray:

I think so too, but I'm not sure. It is very rarely that a giants game comes on out here on the east coast , so I can never watch him live. Do we play each other again this season? If we do, I'm ok with a friendly stipulation:)

I think so too, but I'm not sure. It is very rarely that a giants game comes on out here on the east coast , so I can never watch him live. Do we play each other again this season? If we do, I'm ok with a friendly stipulation:)

You know, Hitler had a "friendly stipulation" with Stalin.

Just sayin'

lol

what's with the lopsided trades guys?

What's lopsided about the trade? Buckholtz has 7 wins(three-way tie for 1st place in AL)....Lincecums' mechanics are off right now(plus SFO's offense is brutal). Personally, I think its a bonehead trade as Lincecum is a far better pitcher than Buckholtz! Timmy is a two-time Cy Young winner..But fantasy is all about "perceived value", so if Trading Lincecum(who's cold) for Buckholtz(who's Hot) is considered "lopsided" then what do I care?

lol....

remember you said that when you look at full season numbers. Same thing with other trade before that...

only one man's opinion, but its really common to fall in love with "sell high" type players and end up taking it in the rear. Plus all those trades are going on between teams in my division so I have a little at stake when it comes to these trades.

lol....

remember you said that when you look at full season numbers. Same thing with other trade before that...

only one man's opinion, but its really common to fall in love with "sell high" type players and end up taking it in the rear. Plus all those trades are going on between teams in my division so I have a little at stake when it comes to these trades.

I hear you...It's a LONG SEASON after all.

Honestly, if you don't like the trade(s) then I guess you can always Veto them(it's your call). I haven't accepted every trade I've been offered and that's just the way it is.

what's with the lopsided trades guys?

I don't think it's all that lopsided. Lincecum's having some mechanics problems right now; he threw a lot of wild pitches in the matchup against Jiminez yesterday. Buchholz is a solid pitcher, even though his K:BB is a little low. It's a trade of good value today (Buchholz) vs. good value later (Lincecum) provided that Lincecum fixes his mechanics.

If Lincecum continues slumping and Buchholz keeps playing well, then Ray has the better end of the trade, no matter how many Cy Young trophies are on lincecum's mantlepiece. I'm hoping he fixes the problem so I can have the Ubaldo - Lincecum 1-2 punch.

Wow! Was watching DET vs CLE live and what do I see? Did Armando Galarraga GET FAWKING ROBBED of a PERFECT GAME or what?!?! The ump made the wrong call.

That was absolutely ridiculous! Did you see Galaraga's face when Joyce made the call? He looked like he thought maybe the ump was joking.

By the way, Othon, you know he's getting shelled his next outing.

By the way, Othon, you know he's getting shelled his next outing.

Hahaha! I've been watching him for a few weeks now..When my trade propasal was declined by you(NEST) I had to go "plan b" and pick up Haren and Galarraga...Some moves I make are LONG TERM and some are for the quick fix...This is a Keeper league after all.:mug:

It's definitely a keeper league. After this season, you'll be able to designate up to seven players as keepers for next year.

Ray, you may have read in the settings that it says 'No' for using keepers in the 2010 season. That is because this is our first season. That would have been the setting for last year.

It's definitely a keeper league. After this season, you'll be able to designate up to seven players as keepers for next year.

Ray, you may have read in the settings that it says 'No' for using keepers in the 2010 season. That is because this is our first season. That would have been the setting for last year.
ahhhh. oops:eek:

LOL...how do we just make it a keeper league? Seem like you should know that going into the draft since that would drastically affect who your decisions when making picks. Oh well, I guess I will go with the flow on this one...but man, sure makes better sense to draft for a keeper league next year and go from there.

LOL...how do we just make it a keeper league? Seem like you should know that going into the draft since that would drastically affect who your decisions when making picks. Oh well, I guess I will go with the flow on this one...but man, sure makes better sense to draft for a keeper league next year and go from there.

John said this would be a keeper league from the beginning. Go back and look at the first posts on this thread.

ouch..The freak is gone

Sorry, Ray. It's still early in the season, though.

MMTG: I was the one droppping Haren. The Dbacks are so poor on offense this year that his w/l is going to remain inconsistent. At least, that's my take on it. He is a quality pitcher, though.

Sorry, Ray. It's still early in the season, though.

MMTG: I was the one droppping Haren. The Dbacks are so poor on offense this year that his w/l is going to remain inconsistent. At least, that's my take on it. He is a quality pitcher, though.

Ray Thanks alot buddy! know I have to face Ubaldo and Timmy this week! FML!!!

JDS: Haren has 83 strikeouts in 2010(tied for 1st) with....Tim Lincecum! He may not get the run support he needs to win 15+ games with the dbacks, but neither will THE FREAk in SanFran...giants offense blows.

Haren will be traded this year so, this being a keeper league,his value is high...Also, Haren and I went to high school together(he's 2 yrs older than me) I've seen him pitch since I was 14 yrs old

I'm enjoying these tonight as I watch The Lakers/celtics game!

Thanks again Ray!

IMG00247-20100601-1227.jpg

Back