Eyeballing hops-no scale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
I cant find my scale.(first brew in a while).I need to eyeball .5 oz hops.Can anyone give me an idea. Like an inch up on a pint glass or 3 shot glasses.something I can compare to. I bought hops by the pound.So I dont have an OZ to half

My first addition I put in a bowl about yea big, I put it on the scale and hit tare and fill it, then I take the next bowl and do the same type of thing;)

I know I have an unmarked bag in the freezer that lost its vacuum, for you I'll measure some in a shot glass or the like if you wish.

I assume you have a one ounce pack? just split them in half ...eye ball or count them out should be fairly close.

My first addition I put in a bowl about yea big, I put it on the scale and hit tare and fill it, then I take the next bowl and do the same type of thing;)

I know I have an unmarked bag in the freezer that lost its vacuum, for you I'll measure some in a shot glass or the like if you wish.
That would be mighty kind of you!

!/4 oz in the first two shots, half in the third, these are the larger pellets, #90's I think.
Half fills the glass full with out pushing it.
If your doing an IPA I'll get the pint out:p

Hope this helps:mug:

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

Y not line the pieces up, end-to-end and measure the whole thing, then, using advanced Math, take a fraction of the length?

Y not line the pieces up, end-to-end and measure the whole thing, then, using advanced Math, take a fraction of the length?
I guess I could lay out a pound of hops end to end around the entire house like dominos.Then divide the line by 16 then divide that by 2...Or fill a shot glass

so count and divide by 16 then half that. I guess you have never misread anything...I comprehend quite well thank you.
I cant find my scale.(first brew in a while).I need to eyeball .5 oz hops.Can anyone give me an idea. Like an inch up on a pint glass or 3 shot glasses.something I can compare to.

"I bought hops by the pound.So I dont have an OZ to half"

I was just bustin balls also.No disrespect and thank you for answering my thread.

That Being said Im picturing a hop domino line going up down and around in my head and its crackin me up.:)

I was just bustin balls also.No disrespect and thank you for answering my thread.

That Being said Im picturing a hop domino line going up down and around in my head and its crackin me up.:)

No problem...all is good ....or a hop congo line

I just recently bought a digital food scale from Wally-World, but up until then, I just eyeballed, and had quite pleasant results.

Back