16 oz. hops/5.5 gallon batch Hazy NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k-daddy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 8 oz. of Bru-1 (2021) and 8 oz. of Chinook (2019)... both kept cold and vacuum sealed in original packaging from YVH. I have never used a pound of hops in a 5.5 gallon batch but want to give it a go. The Bru-1 (Lupomax) is 18% AA and the Chinook is 13.4% AA. My plan is for no boil addition and using 3 oz. of each in the WP for 30 minutes @ 170F, then 5 oz. each for a 2-3 day DH after a soft crash to 60F. The calculated IBU's are 40 according to Brewfather. I've read where this combination is complimentary which gives me some promise but seeking advice on my breakdown of amounts and timing. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I'd take the soft-crash down to 50°F, but otherwise I like the idea - I'm a big Chinook fan and used to grow and use a ton of it, and it's still a go-to for both IBUs and character, though I've not pounded it quite as hard. Will be interested in your review when it's done :)

Cheers!

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

Back