Extreme Beer Fest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They changed their list a bunch. They should get, as someone mentioned on BA, Trillium or NEBC. I mean ****, Trillium is across the street.

JC said (previous to this announcement) that they just had too much going on to do EBF this year. and NEBCO... that's not happening. especially on short notice.

They changed their list a bunch. They should get, as someone mentioned on BA, Trillium or NEBC. I mean ****, Trillium is across the street.
JC said (previous to this announcement) that they just had too much going on to do EBF this year. and NEBCO... that's not happening. especially on short notice.

Bros also called out Trillium on social media recently. I wouldn't count on Trillium at BA events for a bit.

The Bros....kings of the trolls

up6E8UgDdlU3u.gif

Damn. Guess it'll have to wait then. Maybe it'll be in at row34 after? Fingers crossed.

They are opening up at 10 though so pre-ebf is definitely possible. I'm gonna try to get there beforehand and pick up some of the anniversary beer as well as whatever goodies they bring out. Probably better they aren't open after, since the last thing i'll trust myself with is stumbling through the city with a case of trillium beer.

They are opening up at 10 though so pre-ebf is definitely possible. I'm gonna try to get there beforehand and pick up some of the anniversary beer as well as whatever goodies they bring out. Probably better they aren't open after, since the last thing i'll trust myself with is stumbling through the city with a case of trillium beer.

I'm heading up to Boston from NJ for the festival, and I've never been to Trillium, so it is definitely on my list of places to visit. What are releases usually like there? If it's probably going to be a ********, I'll just stop in on Friday and avoid the madness. But if things are usually pretty smooth, I'd like to swing by on Saturday and enjoy the anniversary festivities.

I'm heading up to Boston from NJ for the festival, and I've never been to Trillium, so it is definitely on my list of places to visit. What are releases usually like there? If it's probably going to be a ********, I'll just stop in on Friday and avoid the madness. But if things are usually pretty smooth, I'd like to swing by on Saturday and enjoy the anniversary festivities.

I actually don't know (will be my first time there), but from what I understand it's growler fills/bottle sales only, and they aren't currently doing samples either, so I would think it would be (somewhat) less insane normally...but I would assume given their early open/amount of people in town for the fest, it could be a bit of a ********...someone else would probably be more helpful here though. Might be a good idea to stop in on Friday and pick up some of their normal bottles, and if you're close by before the fest (it's basically across the street from EBF), you can check it out and pick up the anniversary beer/whatever else they have out for their anniversary

I went for the trillium release last year at EBF. This was before they had a bunch of beers on the top 250 and were well known. There was still a pretty long line. I would expect it to be much more busy this year.

Does anyone know what happened with Toppling Goalith? Did they actually say they were bringing MD, KBBS, and assassin at some point? I think I remember seeing a tweet from them saying they have never told BA they were bringing those beers. Just wondering who I should be blaming.

I went for the trillium release last year at EBF. This was before they had a bunch of beers on the top 250 and were well known. There was still a pretty long line. I would expect it to be much more busy this year.

Does anyone know what happened with Toppling Goalith? Did they actually say they were bringing MD, KBBS, and assassin at some point? I think I remember seeing a tweet from them saying they have never told BA they were bringing those beers. Just wondering who I should be blaming.

All I know is that SR-71 was up on the list for, like, multiple weeks, along with other stuff. Never saw MD KBBS and Assassin up, but apparently they were on the list for a bit. I would imagine blame is relatively equal - TG for overpromising and underproducing, Todd and Jason for being big enough cocks that TG pulled out of EBF rather than one of the other events they've committed to.

KBBS and Assassin were up day 1 and then taken off for the first (of multiple) updates.

KBBS and Assassin were up day 1 and then taken off for the first (of multiple) updates.

I personally saw the kbbs, md, and assassin on the website.

do you know if Jason mistakenly put that up or if TG told him they were bringing those beers? If BA ****ed up and then let TG be blamed, then I would be pissed if I were TG.

There was a thread on BA about this and they deleted it. The bros said TG sent them a list of beers they were "most likely" going to bring (just like every other brewery had). Then that tweet where TG said something along the lines of "I dont know who said we are bringing kbbs to boston, but we are NOT" was posted on the TG twitter, and a few days later kbbs and morning delight were both removed from the ebf list on the BA site. The bros said it was because TG sent them and updated list with the 2 beers removed and reminded everyone that the list is never 100% accurate until the day of the fest.

Sounds like it was an issue on TG's end. Thank god tickets sold out before any list of breweries was ever posted.

there are so many other beers that I am very happy will be there that, though I love TG, I am not that disappointed. the only disappointment is that they will not have their 20 minute line freeing up other breweries for me to drink quickly.

This is what I am disappointed about as well. Did not plan to go to their booth.

This is what I am disappointed about as well. Did not plan to go to their booth.

Agreed. I enjoyed having them absorb some of the crowd last year. Though when their initial list posted I was 100% going to be caught in their tractor beam. I anticipate Tree House being slammed this year

Yeah, with Good Morning available I can only imagine what Tree House's line will be like. Since I'm planning to nab some of Beginner's Mind on my way up to Boston Thursday night, assuming they have it for growlers like they did with their new beers last year, and because I've already had Good Morning I don't think I'm going to be braving their line unless it dwindles unexpectedly at some point.

Looks like stoddards is having west coast lunch that Friday but no mention of specific beers but here's the Instagram pic

Doesn't look crazy but we'll see what rare barrel shows up

Latest posts

Back