Extreme Beer Fest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can pick up your bottles if you'd like and give them too you while you're here?
And sounds like we need to get a TB get together going at row 34 per Friday session.
Thanks a lot for the offer, but since I'll be likely be with at least a few other people during the day I can't guarantee being able to meet up before the event and I wouldn't want you to go to that trouble without knowing for sure that it wouldn't cause more hassles after the fact should we not be able to meet up prior to that evening.

I'm assuming it's just a regular Saturday for both of them.

I was told last night that The Independent is putting on an Allagash event after the EBF ends and debuting Century Ale for National Saison Day. Supposedly Other Half will have 1 or 2 kegs on and they're working on getting some Oxbow. Since I've never had any Oxbow or Other Half I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stop in there around 9-930 and check it out.

Anyone know if Trillium and Nightshift will be open the Saturday of EBF?

Last year Night Shift opened at 11 to accommodate those who wanted bottles/growler fills before the EBF. What was notable was that since it was before noon they couldn't legally sell samples so they were pouring plenty of freebies. Needless to say the tip jar was nice and full.

While I'm here if anyone wants to do an IP trade I'd love to get my hands on a bottle of Nightstone!

Anyone know if Trillium and Nightshift will be open the Saturday of EBF?
I'm assuming it's just a regular Saturday for both of them.

I think EBF Weekend is usually Trillium's anniversary as well, so they usually have a couple cool things on. I believe JC said on BA that events/details will be coming this week. Expect some cool stuff.

So what breweries/beers are everyone pumped for? Of course there's the obvious stuff, TG, Tree House, Funky Buddha, etc. I pumped to drink Cascade and Rare Barrel.

The list so far for the Thursday pre-party at Magoons:

Allagash Brewing - Bourbon Barrel Black
Avery Brewing - TBD
Boston Beer Co. - TBD
Brewery Viviant - Tart Side Of The Moon
Carton Brewing - Epitome
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery - TBD
Due South Brewing Co. - Peppermint Paddy Stout
Firestone Walker - Velvet Merkin
Funky Budhha - Wide Awake It’s Morning (Imperial Maple Bacon Coffee Porter)
Green Flash Brewing Co. - Double Stout
Lost Abbey - TBD
Revolution Brewing - TBD
Short's Brewing Co - Goodnight Bodacious
Sierra Nevada - Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Smoked Porter
Surly Brewing Co. - Damien
The Bruery - Chocolate Rain

So what breweries/beers are everyone pumped for? Of course there's the obvious stuff, TG, Tree House, Funky Buddha, etc. I pumped to drink Cascade and Rare Barrel.

I'm excited for OEC's stuff, I missed out on bottles of El Lechedor at Night Shift, so I'm excited they'll be pouring that, pretty much everything Jackie O's is bringing sounds good, Crux Fermentation has some intriguing stuff, Cigar City is bringing Huna, and Seventh Sun is brining a lot of beers that sound awesome.

I'm from NJ, so I'm sure I'll be able to try it again another time, but I'm still excited to try Carton's Irish Coffee. And even though I've had damn near everything they've ever produced, I'll probably still swing by Other Half's table, because I just love their beer.

Avery Brewing - TBD
Boston Beer Co. - TBD
Carton Brewing - Epitome
Lost Abbey - TBD
Revolution Brewing - TBD

Christ I was just going to take off Friday to travel to Boston but now I might have to take Thursday off as well. Been dying to try Wide Awake It's Morning

Avery Brewing - TBD
Boston Beer Co. - TBD
Carton Brewing - Epitome
Lost Abbey - TBD
Revolution Brewing - TBD
Is this open to the public? Also is it Olde Magouns Saloon?

Avery Brewing - TBD
Boston Beer Co. - TBD
Carton Brewing - Epitome
Lost Abbey - TBD
Revolution Brewing - TBD

Wait, at Magoun's?!?! In Magoun square?!?! WTF why didn't they do this **** when I lived there. Craziest beer they ever had on was Lunch. Once.

Last edited:
how big is this place? It's going to be a MOB scene. I remember when it was at meadhall and you couldn't get in.

Lol I may go just to watch the world burn
Yeah it's probably a third the size of Meadhall

It's also not off the T (well idk, 20-something min walk from Davis) and further from the center of the city/most lodging for people from out of town. I think it'll be better than you'd think.

....but still bad

It's also not off the T (well idk, 20-something min walk from Davis) and further from the center of the city/most lodging for people from out of town. I think it'll be better than you'd think.

....but still bad
I think wide awake it's morning is going to draw a pretty good crowd. Nerax gets a **** ton of people, this is in the same area as that used to be?

And TG drops out. Sucks to see but seemed to be some shady stuff going on from the get go.

Latest posts

Back