Extract Recipe Books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm coming up with a christmas gift list for others, and I'm asking for homebrew recipe books. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm interested in ones that cover mostly extract recipes (partial mash is okay too). I do partial boils.

Here's a couple that look decent:

Homebrew Favorites: A Coast-to-Coast Collection of More Than 240 Beer and Ale Recipes - Karl F Lutzen

The Homebrewers' Recipe Guide: More than 175 original beer recipes including magnificent pale ales, ambers, stouts, lagers, and seasonal brews, plus tips from the master brewers
-Patrick Higgins

Okay, so I'm coming up with a christmas gift list for others, and I'm asking for homebrew recipe books. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm interested in ones that cover mostly extract recipes (partial mash is okay too). I do partial boils.

Here's a couple that look decent:

Homebrew Favorites: A Coast-to-Coast Collection of More Than 240 Beer and Ale Recipes - Karl F Lutzen

The Homebrewers' Recipe Guide: More than 175 original beer recipes including magnificent pale ales, ambers, stouts, lagers, and seasonal brews, plus tips from the master brewers
-Patrick Higgins

The definitive "recipe" book has to be Jamil Zainasheff's Brewing Classic Styles. At least one recipe for every single one of the BJCP categories. They are all extract recipes, with the changes for a partial mash and/or AG listed after the recipe.

The definitive "recipe" book has to be Jamil Zainasheff's Brewing Classic Styles. At least one recipe for every single one of the BJCP categories. They are all extract recipes, with the changes for a partial mash and/or AG listed after the recipe.

THIS.

We use it, and love it.

Thanks, I saw this book on amazon and forgot all about it. I'm sure this and the other books will keep me busy for a while :D

Back