Excess foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armypilot

Reaction score
I have a problem I really need help with. The last couple of kegs that I have made have a foaming problem. I have a keezer that I have made and always used but just started having the foaming problem. The beer does not seem to be over carbonated, it even has a slight flat taste. I am using 3/16 id lines and I have tried 6 ft lines and 10 foot lines but it does not make any difference. I have searched multiple times for air leaks but cannot find any. I am even trying to pur with 8 psi and it still foams like crazy. At a loss, any help would be appreciated. Attached it the keezer, I even have a recirculation fan to equalize the temp. The keezer temp is around 35 degrees.

keezer.JPG

How do your dip tube o rings look? I had a similar problem with bad o rings on my dip tubes. I was getting crazy foam and ridiculous amounts of gas in the line like your pic. Can't hurt to try replacing them. Lube up some new ones and don't tighten the post so much. It'll crush them.

Is the Keezer inside our outside? My Kegerator is in the garage, where in the summer can reach 100+ degrees. Usually takes one or two pulls to chill the taps enough to calm down the foaming.

I will look at them and see. I actually have not lubed those or took them off in a while. Thanks for the help.

This might be hard to test because of all the foam, but what temperature does the first pint pour at? and what temperature does a pint that immediately follow it pour at?

Latest posts

Back