Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McSorelip got a bad rap. He certainly smacked Brasheer in the helmet, but the injury came when Brasheer fell. Not from the rap on his helmet. That said, it was certainly an ill-advised move by McS.

As for a difference in between play now and play "back in the day?" The players are bigger, stronger and faster thus the hits are harder. Goonism and stickwork have always been with us. The best way to temper it is to eliminate the instigator penalty.

Softer equipment will only help the individual wearing it...it will do nothing for the player getting hit. A 20-mph shoulder to the face is a 20-mph shoulder to the face regardless of the "softness" of the other player's pads.

Would you rather get smoked in the head with a brick or a pillow?

Would you rather get smoked in the head with a brick or a pillow?

I'm not seeing the analogy...a better one would be...

"Would you rather get smoked in the head by a brick wrapped in plastic, or by a brick wrapped in cloth?"

And the answer is...either way will hurt just as much.

Haven't seen much of the game due to the thunderstorm/hail/tornado alerts around here, plus got stuck at a bar with no hockey for a bit. Looks like the Canucks have decided on repeating their series win against the Blackhawks.

In the last two games, the Bruins have out scored the Canucks 12 goals to 1. The Canucks are 1 for 18 on the power play. Unbelievable.

Gotta give it to Boston though, they really know how to get under a team's skin...

I'm not seeing the analogy...a better one would be...

"Would you rather get smoked in the head by a brick wrapped in plastic, or by a brick wrapped in cloth?"

And the answer is...either way will hurt just as much.

In my opinion its less about protecting the player getting hit and more about not protecting the player doing the hitting. Would you rather run full speed into a wall wearing football pads or wearing a sweatshirt? No problem with big open ice hits, but the guys need to be willing to take it. Crushing someone at full speed with their head down is easy when you're wearing armor.

Hey Meat...

aww%20yeah.JPG

Hockey will always be a secondary sport as long as the violence is allowed to continue. I quit going to games because everyone in the stands "sat on their hands" till a fight broke out and then they would stand and cheer. WTF I was enjoying the game and now players are ripping off jerseys and slugging each other and this is a sport? Looks like the Pro wrestling drama. The Rome Horton hit was like.... switch to baseball mode here.... Let's say we have runners at 1st and 2nd and the shortstop fields the ball throws to 2nd to start a double play.... the runner from second going to third decides to take out the shortstop, Is that just a part of the sport?
You can't generalize and say that every game of hockey is too violent. Just because one series is rough doesn't mean the game is too violent. Some series just end up that way. You try playing the same team 7 times.

Hockey will always be a secondary sport as long as the violence is allowed to continue. I quit going to games because everyone in the stands "sat on their hands" till a fight broke out and then they would stand and cheer. WTF I was enjoying the game and now players are ripping off jerseys and slugging each other and this is a sport? Looks like the Pro wrestling drama. The Rome Horton hit was like.... switch to baseball mode here.... Let's say we have runners at 1st and 2nd and the shortstop fields the ball throws to 2nd to start a double play.... the runner from second going to third decides to take out the shortstop, Is that just a part of the sport?

What the hell are you talking about...It's a very violent game even with out the fighting...The fighting is a part of the game. If you don't like don't watch. I go to a bunch of games every year and I don't see people "sitting on there hands" waiting for a fight... The fighting used to be 10 times worse back in the day..Remember Mike Milbury climbing over the glass beating up a fan with a shoe...It's a tough sport..Get over it...

What the hell are you talking about...It's a very violent game even with out the fighting...The fighting is a part of the game. If you don't like don't watch. I go to a bunch of games every year and I don't see people "sitting on there hands" waiting for a fight... The fighting used to be 10 times worse back in the day..Remember Mike Milbury climbing over the glass beating up a fan with a shoe...It's a tough sport..Get over it...

+1 thank you

Since when did the hockey trash talk thread turn into the hockey is too rough thread?

Who gives a shvt if it is a "secondary" sport?

Seriously, why do so many hockey fans worry so much over this status?

+1000..." Get rid of the violence"???? The hitting is more violent than the fighting. Does he want to get rid of the hitting?? C'mon, this is Hockey for Christ sake...

Good lord is right...they spanked the Canucks and made them look stupid for 60 mins. You missed a really good game. Although, brewing and hockey are on the same level for me, so I would have either brewed where there was a TV, or brought the TVto my brew spot : D

Back