Duvel Belgian Golden Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooby_Brew

Reaction score
2jd437b.jpg

Duvel is both complex and easy drinking. It is a little too high in alcohol for my liking (8.5% ABV), but the alkohol taste is well hidden in the background. Styrian Goldings come through very clearly with earthy undertones while Saaz adds a touch of flower. The yeast is surprisingly clean, a bit different from what I was expecting in this famous Belgian Ale. I can't taste the usual "pork chop taste" so common to Belgian yeasts. Over all a great beer.

BTW, I thought I'd share this photo with you: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...722571418603_1067868361_1913646_3467285_n.jpg
:mug:

DUVAL is my favorite beer.. but this beer caused not only me but my wallet have to go to AA..but if you got the $$$$ drink duvel...just be careful duval means devil..the easy drinkability can get you in trouble quick..so treat with respect and enjoy.:mug:

Duvel has a medium, white, cream soda-like head and a hazy golden-yellow appearance, with some lacing, lots of streaming bubbles, and fine particles floating throughout. Some little light-brown yeast chunks are also there.
duvel%2Bgift.JPG

Back