Dubbel mishap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryger73

Reaction score
So being that it's fall and brewing season is returning for me I decided to make a leftover ingredients beer from a few different kits I had laying around. Came up with a dubbel and had some wlp351 so I whipped together a starter. Came home the next day planning on brewing and checked the starter. Nothing. (the yeast was past its best by date by over a year!). So now I have no yeast and am bummed that I won't be brewing:(. Then a lightbulb! I have a cider that's been in primary for 10 days that I used belle saison in. Well put the cider in secondary,harvested the yeast, pitched the whole lot into the bucket put an Airlock?! on it and went to bed. Dumb. This was after the initial clean up.

image.jpg

Two towels and some ceiling scrubbing before SWMBO woke up probably saved my but. First time it's happened to me thought I would tell about it!

Latest posts

Back